HXCPP with asm files?

Pablo Martin

May 21, 2015, 9:03:36 AM5/21/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I want to know if hxcpp can use the yasm assembler with the .asm files. I want to compile FFmpeg as static lib, and i have problems with the link step, because the extensions (mmx, sse2...) are written in asm files.

Thanks.

Kind Regards.

Hugh

May 22, 2015, 12:39:47 AM5/22/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
There is really nothing to do something like that at the moment.
I can think of 2 ways of maybe doing something:
1. add an "assembler" toolchain, and compile the asm files using that into a separate library, and link this with the cpp code at the end.
2. extend the BuildTool.hx logic to allow a different "compiler" per file-group

Neither option is trivial, but could probably be made to work.

Hugh

Pablo Martin

May 22, 2015, 3:08:49 AM5/22/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response.

It would be wonderful to add the asm support officially.

When i have a few time, and if it is not implemented yet, I could try to implement by myself.

Kind Regards.

Pipiska INCorporatius

May 25, 2015, 7:18:11 AM5/25/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Well you could add your own cpp functions using

cpp.Lib.load();

according to this manual http://old.haxe.org/doc/cpp/ffi and many c++ compilers allow you to make asm incut