Try haxe update!

Mark Knol

Nov 17, 2014, 3:27:30 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
http://try.haxe.org/ got a updated design, that is more in line with the style of the haxe website, and has some examples to showcase how awesome Haxe is!

Also the compiler on the try-haxe playground is now Haxe 3.1.3 (the same as current release)

Happy coding!

Franco Ponticelli

Nov 17, 2014, 3:34:40 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Well done!

michael solomon

Nov 17, 2014, 3:39:06 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice!! Thank you guys!!

Stephane Le Dorze

Nov 17, 2014, 3:52:42 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

However Pattern Matching example show comprehensions..

Keep up the good job! :)

Le lundi 17 novembre 2014 21:39:06 UTC+1, michael solomon a écrit :
Nice!! Thank you guys!!

Mark Knol

Nov 17, 2014, 4:07:32 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I already created a pullrequest for the missing pattern-match example.

Cambiata

Nov 17, 2014, 4:12:43 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Looking forward to a zillion macro examples...

Mark Knol

Nov 17, 2014, 4:17:54 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Macros doesn't work at the moment.

But since you start about it: we need a smart developer for this.

We'd love to see other targets also being supported, especially server-side / sys targets, as well as macros.
It's been discussed before but it's a sysadmin issue, because you obviously need to somehow sandbox the compiler environment, or the server environment where to run the program.

If somebody knows how to set this up and wants to help, please let me know and show your magical powers!

Brennan Kinney

Nov 17, 2014, 7:08:15 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Would Docker containers provide the needed sandboxing/environment control? I've not read too much into it but I've heard they're meant to be great for setting up dev environments, plan to learn more about it next year. Btw is there any plans to provide try-haxe embeddable widgets? Similar to say codepens for blog posts. Would also be neat I guess for documentation :)

Sven Bergström

Nov 17, 2014, 10:10:35 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice work for those involved!

Cauê Waneck

Nov 17, 2014, 10:16:59 PM11/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!!
Mark, I don't have too much time to work with this but I think I can be of help in making a secure server environment for macros to work. Contact me and let's talk about this.

Cheers!
Cauê

Justin Donaldson

Nov 18, 2014, 2:49:00 AM11/18/14
to Haxe
Nice job!

Anders Nissen

Nov 18, 2014, 3:45:48 AM11/18/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I use try.haxe a lot and this update is really awesome! Great job.

Philippe Elsass

Nov 18, 2014, 4:04:38 AM11/18/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey really nice to use!

Some weird colours thougth (bright green for matching parenthesis???) and I wish I could make the editor wider or the font smaller. Maybe an optional vertical layout instead of horizontal?

Philippe

Mark Knol

Nov 18, 2014, 4:55:13 AM11/18/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Not really an answer, but if you focus on the editor, you can press F11 to go fullscreen and have enough space to do whatever :)

The colors are from the CodeMirror styles  (I guess) ? I haven't touched that, but now I saw it I might patch this too :)

michael solomon

Nov 18, 2014, 11:52:25 AM11/18/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm recommend that somebody add link to tryHaxe from Haxe.org