[NME] SWF plays slow in browser (for some) but fast when opened locally (for all)?

Evan Zenker

Mar 21, 2013, 11:53:50 AM3/21/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
So yeah, what the title says.
Any ideas why this may be?

Thanks guys,

Evan

Alexander Kuzmenko

Mar 21, 2013, 2:04:57 PM3/21/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Try wmode:direct for embeding swf

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Mar 21, 2013, 2:07:50 PM3/21/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It can also be because of throttling done by the browser. I find that a game I created years ago works better on Flash 10 / old Firefox on 8 year old hardware than it does now in Chrome with current hardware.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
cell: +1 650 842 0920

Evan Zenker

Mar 22, 2013, 9:50:30 AM3/22/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Ah ok, I guess I'll just work on optimizing the code more.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Mar 22, 2013, 3:09:55 PM3/22/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think if you get your users to go fullscreen a lot of browsers will give more CPU to Flash. You do have to worry about scaling etc then, as well as the fact you only have access to the arrow keys, space and tab ...

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
cell: +1 650 842 0920