Flash embed remoting : Shockwave flash has crashed

Jimmy Delas

May 14, 2014, 9:18:21 AM5/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

I try to implement some remoting within my flash app.

When I run the app from desktop, it works fine, I got my reply from remoting.

However, whenever I try to run the embed version of the app, it crash instantly. (with the following message: Shockwave flash has crashed)

Here is how I embed the app http://pastebin.com/GNJhjLwk

If I comment the following line, the app doesn't crash but obviously, the remoting does not work either

cnx.Server.resolve(cmd).call(args, function(v) cb(v, done));

from the following file http://pastebin.com/j49PaUTm

Anyone has experienced same issues ? Am I missing some vars when I embed my flash app ? Any idea ?

I'm experiencing the problem on the latest chrome version only. It's working under IE, I didn't try other browser.

Thanks,

Justin L Mills

May 14, 2014, 10:15:27 AM5/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Jimmy

Do you still get problems if you embed with

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWFObject

and after checking online related tutorials, for stuff like
allowscriptaccess="always"

http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

You may also need a crossdomain policy.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/crossdomain_policy_file_spec.html

Best Justin

Jimmy Delas:

Alexander Kuzmenko

May 14, 2014, 10:36:12 AM5/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I suppose you are experiencing this bug: https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/haxe/issues/2782
Try downgrading haxe to 3.1.0 or 3.0 or upgrading to 3.1.3

Jimmy Delas

May 14, 2014, 11:20:14 AM5/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks both of you for you replies

I upgraded to Haxe 3.1.3 and it fixes the crash. However, I get an invalid response within the webpage whereas it's working when I run the app from desktop. Is it related to the same bug or another one ?

Regards,