My experiences translating AS3 to Haxe

Grant Mathews

Jan 2, 2013, 5:31:55 PM1/2/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey haxelang. I was recently introduced to Haxe, and I wrote up a blog post detailing my thoughts on translating a medium sized codebase from AS3 to Haxe. A few people on #haxe suggested I could post it here too.

http://www.grantmathews.com/43

I'd be happy to hear any comments or thoughts.

(I also posted it on Hacker News - http://news.ycombinator.com/newest "From AS3 to Haxe" - so if you like it and want to vote it up, that would be great too ;)

clemos

Jan 2, 2013, 5:39:56 PM1/2/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Great post,
thanks for sharing ;)
Cheers,
Clément

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Jan 2, 2013, 5:40:35 PM1/2/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Great introduction mate. Good work!

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
cell: +1 650 842 0920

j...@justinfront.net

Jan 3, 2013, 12:13:31 AM1/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Added a suggestion in comments - users also should take a look at using Neko target, spod and haxe remoting.  Found your post very good promotion for haxe hope it gets picked up by more developers as a result.

Simon Richardson

Jan 4, 2013, 4:38:19 AM1/4/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It's made reddit, but hasn't got much attention. People should give feedback ;-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/15uuoo/from_as3_to_haxe/