Is there any life left in the MonoDevelop plugin

bloognoo

Oct 11, 2014, 6:08:17 PM10/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I've been using Haxe/NME/OpenFL in Monodevelop on Linux since I discovered Haxe a couple of years back. Since Haxe upgraded to 4.3 (I think) the plugin for Monodevelop has barfed when starting a build

'--macro(1,1): Error: Class not found : tools.haxelib.Main'

I've been struggling to find a replacement GUI that recognises OpenFL projects as well as vanilla Haxe, and have found no succor. FlashDevelop remains a pipe dream as I don't see any proper native linux  conversion coming ever.

There have been no subsequent fixes to the Mono develop plug in, and the HaxeStudio monodevelop fork hasn't had any updates to it's git repository for months (and the build fails).

Does anyone know who looks after the MD Haxe plugin / Where it lives?
Is it irreparable?
If it's a manpower/willpower issue can I help?

Also, expanding it to handle Snowkit (Flow/Snow/Luxe) would be awesome.

Thanks,

Brennan Kinney

Oct 11, 2014, 9:32:56 PM10/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
While FlashDevelop doesn't have native linux support, it recently seems to be having success with the latest source and wine/crossover: http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11922
I'm not sure what the state of the intellij haxe plugin is like or if it works with the linux version but that might be another option for you: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/

Also if you haven't already see here for more: http://haxe.org/documentation/introduction/editors-and-ides.html There is sublime which is popular on OSX, and some community efforts for Haxe IDEs as well :) Let us know how your experience goes!
Message has been deleted

Brennan Kinney

Oct 11, 2014, 9:36:04 PM10/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Oh there is also http://www.haxestudio.com/ for some reason isn't listed on the official haxe link I provided in the previous post.
Message has been deleted

bloognoo

Oct 12, 2014, 8:39:45 AM10/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I have a vested interest in keeping Monodevelop alive if possible; it's my primary development interface as I bounce around platforms and teach programming to youngsters.

Also, I like IDEs. MonoDevelop was the closest I found to Visual Studio when I went looking to do C++ and GTK development on Linux way back when. Haxe support made me very very happy.

Windows has Visual Studio, Apple has (hack spit) XCode. Monodevelop is the closest we have to a decent IDE.

I don't want to get into pro/con arguments for HIDE/Eclipse/Sublime/IntelliJ etc, I want to widen Haxe's availability not narrow it by letting a project that did support it die.

Please. Does anyone know who is maintaining the plugin project? or if abandoned, where I might fork the code from.

Thanks.

Alexander Kuzmenko

Oct 12, 2014, 10:08:14 AM10/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think, it was Joshua http://www.joshuagranick.com/blog/tags/monodevelop

Alexander Kuzmenko

Oct 12, 2014, 10:18:45 AM10/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Here is some progress from russian Haxe community :) https://github.com/zaynyatyi/md-haxebinding

воскресенье, 12 октября 2014 г., 16:39:45 UTC+4 пользователь bloognoo написал:
I have a vested interest in keeping Monodevelop alive if possible; it's my primary development interface as I bounce around platforms and teach programming to youngsters.

Brennan Kinney

Oct 12, 2014, 9:34:57 PM10/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
If you're going to update the plugin or the russian communities one is suitable, would be good to have it listed on http://haxe.org/documentation/introduction/editors-and-ides.html for any others who prefer to work with MonoDevelop :)