Possible Bug: haxe.ds.Vector consistently crashes for hxcpp

Lea Hayes

Aug 20, 2013, 12:31:42 PM8/20/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys

After quite some debugging (and the kind help of mi6x3m) it seems that haxe.ds.Vector is crashing for Windows/Mac/iOS targets.

Error message:
access violation reading location 0x0000000

Here are some screen dumps which I took from my toy project (not from the following repro case). These were taken using the Visual Studio debugger:

Repro case:

You may need to increase the number of iterations in the for loop, but 1000 crashes on all targets for me.

Aside:
If I swap haxe.ds.Vector with flash.Vector, this does not crash.

I am just going to switch to flash.Vector for my project, but I suspect this will catch other developers out. I hope that this information is useful, please let me know if there is anything else you need to know and I will do my best to assist.

Simon Krajewski

Aug 20, 2013, 1:00:21 PM8/20/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I can reproduce that with a higher number, please file an issue:
https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/haxe/issues

Simon

Lea Hayes

Aug 20, 2013, 1:20:03 PM8/20/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for confirming this, here is the issue:

Hugh

Aug 21, 2013, 1:51:55 AM8/21/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Thanks for the detailed error report.
This should be fixed on the svn version of hxcpp now.

Hugh

Lea Hayes

Aug 21, 2013, 2:34:16 PM8/21/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com