What about the 2015 edition of the WWX?

Jonas Malaco Filho

Jan 12, 2015, 12:15:12 AM1/12/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I guess this mostly goes to the guys at Silex and the HaxeFoundation...

Has a date been picked for the WWX 2015?

Thanks,

--
Jonas

Valentin Lemière

Jan 14, 2015, 3:50:48 PM1/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the date hasn't been picked yet but would be either May 23, May 30 or June 6.

https://twitter.com/grebenshikov_n/status/555354585012125696

clemos

Jan 15, 2015, 11:23:45 AM1/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Indeed, we're about to decide which dates:
may 23, may 30 or june

Feel free to let us know which would suit you best,
but remember we have other constraints to consider ;)

We should be able to give you a definitive date in a couple of weeks, top.

Best,
Clément
Official Silexlabs Spokesperson on the Haxe ML

Daniel Glazman

Jan 15, 2015, 11:42:10 AM1/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On 15/01/2015 17:23, clemos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Indeed, we're about to decide which dates:
> may 23, may 30 or june
>
> Feel free to let us know which would suit you best,
> but remember we have other constraints to consider ;)

Please not may-23? That's pentecôte in France and an
occasion to have a 3-days week-end. Can I recommend may-30
or june-6? Thanks.

</Daniel>

Juraj Kirchheim

Jan 15, 2015, 11:52:35 PM1/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
In theory the WWX is a 3-days conference with workshops on Monday, which are usually attended by no French people except some of the guys involved with Silex Labs. Given the choice to go back to work on Monday I might do the same, but as one of those traveling in from quite a bit further away, I don't have it. So personally, for the reason Daniel pointed out, I find May 23rd quite an interesting option. It's that one time of the year where we all get together.
But that's just an idea. I have no interest in spending the workshop day surrounded by a bunch of French people angry at me because I suggested stealing their 3 day weekend :D

As for June 6 I think I remember we already spoke about this last year or before: It's a bit problematic in that in many countries that's already in the holiday season, which will make it quite hard to come for some people (IIRC Franco pointed this out last time).

In the end I think whichever weekend allows fixing the date as soon as possible will be the best, as that gives everybody more time to arrange themselves.

Best,
Juraj

Andy Li

Jan 16, 2015, 2:25:58 AM1/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Let's set up a poll using Doodle or something and let the world vote?

Best,
Andy

Simon Krajewski

Jan 16, 2015, 3:52:10 AM1/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 16.01.2015 um 05:52 schrieb Juraj Kirchheim:
> In theory the WWX is a 3-days conference with workshops on Monday,
> which are usually attended by no French people except some of the guys
> involved with Silex Labs. Given the choice to go back to work on
> Monday I might do the same, but as one of those traveling in from
> quite a bit further away, I don't have it. So personally, for the
> reason Daniel pointed out, I find May 23rd quite an interesting
> option. It's that one time of the year where we all get together.
> But that's just an idea. I have no interest in spending the workshop
> day surrounded by a bunch of French people angry at me because I
> suggested stealing their 3 day weekend :D
>
> As for June 6 I think I remember we already spoke about this last year
> or before: It's a bit problematic in that in many countries that's
> already in the holiday season, which will make it quite hard to come
> for some people (IIRC Franco pointed this out last time).

Really? Here summer holidays don't start before end of july this year.

Simon

clemos

Jan 16, 2015, 4:25:26 AM1/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On our end, as already said, we have others variables to consider, such as availability of meeting places, concurrent events, ...
Maybe Doodle is a good idea (if only to have a insights regarding potential volume of attendees, etc), but don't expect us to blindly follow the majority.
We'll let you know

Best,
Clément

Nicolas Cannasse

Jan 16, 2015, 7:02:16 AM1/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
So you actually have summer in Germany ? :-D

Best,
Nicolas

Simon Krajewski

Jan 16, 2015, 7:14:57 AM1/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It depends on the year. There can be anything between a Sommermärchen
and weeks of grey depression. :)

Simon