flashline

Jan 13, 2014, 8:28:14 AM1/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Hi haxers,

I published my first (free and open-source) Haxe-js web-app,

It's a simple calendar/diary easy to use, responsive, tested on different browsers and platforms (Pc/Mac, Android, Ipad, Windows... and recently firefox-os simulator   ), embeddable, html5-only.

online: (english) - (français).

as installable-app: firefox-marketplace (android, ffox-os, pc/mac, soon Iphone).

chrome-web-store.

gitHub. Issue.

Feel free to use it and to give links around...

jm.

Jesus Boadas

Jan 13, 2014, 1:38:22 PM1/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Really nice html5 app.
I'm also doing some html5 in haxe and is a breath of fresh air.

thanks for sharing.

Jason O'Neil

Jan 13, 2014, 5:13:15 PM1/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see!

I like the idea of a calendar that simple, it's more like the old wall calendars where you can put in birthdays and big events, but not every single appointment.

It would be cool to hear a breakdown of your experience using Haxe/JS, what technology you used (is it jQuery?), as well as your experience working with the Firefox and Chrome stores.

Thanks for sharing it
Jason

Marcelo Serpa

Jan 13, 2014, 5:20:47 PM1/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

I second Jason. It’d be awesome to know more about your experience with Haxe/JS, workflow, and what led you to chose Haxe over raw Javascript (or CoffeeScript) too.

Cheers,

--
Marcelo

Message has been deleted

flashline

Jan 16, 2014, 9:30:46 AM1/16/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, he...@jasono.co
Jason > I like the idea of a calendar that simple, it's more like the old wall calendars [...]

It's exactly the original idea ! I like also write easely, any kind of things in agenda without formated time slot. For instance, one can use it as a private diary.

Jason >  [...] your experience using Haxe/JS, what technology you used (is it jQuery?) [...]

With Haxe2 I used jQuery extensively. But with Haxe3 and its full revisited js api, I thought it wasn’t necessary. Globally, I am comfortable with the modern js apis (provided that be through haxe).

Marcelo > [...] to know more about your experience with Haxe/JS, workflow, [...]

I used only, a mini api that I written (events, xml to object/array tree, extent of Element with "using") and effects.Tween()

For this time, I wanted to learn and to focus on native js  apis through haxe. In the future, I ‘ll use probably more haxe “extern” from js (and why not  create/contribute) .

Jason > [...] as well as your experience working with the Firefox and Chrome stores.

Chrome store + : validation isn’t required before publishing

Chrome store - : submission is a little bit tedious to do exactly like Google wants, app runs in the browser (I didn’t try packaged system).

Firefox-marketplace is great: easy to submit (the manifest can be tested before) , the web-app is installed as a stand-alone application on android, also on Pc/Mac and soon on Ios devices.

We just have to wait (+or- 1 week) before publishing but is it so bad that a real person looks and verifies  our app ?
ffx-mp is also the store for Firefox-OS...
I expect a lot of  ffx-OS  (if mobiles that support it, will be increasing) because it allows html5 native applications that will access the devices hardware.

Conclusion: Chrome was the first, congratulations ! But now, I hope it follows the good ideas of firefox.

Marcello > [...]and what led you to choose Haxe over raw Javascript (or CoffeeScript) too.
Given the Flashplayer ban on mobiles, I looked for nice js compiled lang. I saw effectively Coffee and some of this list . At the end of my reflection there were Haxe and GWT. GWT for its rich and available documentation. But Hx is so really open-source, easy to get off any sources, community way,... that it isn't so difficult to get informations. I was also suspicious about strategy changes of big business companies. I knew and trusted MTAC before. Finally, Haxe is as3-like, so easier for me.

Sorry to answer late, I don't know if I answer what you wait. If you want more specific or technical answers... Tell me ;)
see u.
jm

flashline

Jan 16, 2014, 9:40:43 AM1/16/14