Haxe JS to Haxe NME?

simo

Aug 25, 2013, 8:24:56 AM8/25/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

I have a project written in createJS using haxe js project, what would it involve to re-write the project to be NME based targeting AS3?

Is it a difficult task? any one tried this before?

Philippe Elsass

Aug 25, 2013, 2:20:59 PM8/25/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It would depend on the CreateJS API subset you've been using. Can you give more details on what features you are using?

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM, simo <as3...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a project written in createJS using haxe js project, what would it involve to re-write the project to be NME based targeting AS3?

Is it a difficult task? any one tried this before?

Philippe

tom rhodes

Aug 25, 2013, 2:56:19 PM8/25/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I've done a few things that compiled to both flash and createJS (with conditional compilation not NME/OpenFL), the only places where the code was different was for stuff like Container vs Sprite and when handling text formatting.

Should be pretty quick to get it going I woudl think with OpenFL.

Samir Sabri

Aug 25, 2013, 9:49:05 PM8/25/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

its a createjs extern based project, full of easeljs apis .. &depends on preloadjs to load images, html dom to take ui inputs

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Haxe" group.

tom rhodes

Aug 26, 2013, 4:11:04 AM8/26/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On the EaselJS side, Bitmap, Shape and Graphics code will require minimal or no changes. You can translate Container to Sprite.

The preloadJS things you will have to rewrite, if it's assets then OpenFL handles that quite nicely. Also the html DOM stuff obvisouly isn't going to work, your logic is probably fine, you'll just have to rewrite the actual getting of the values to use TextField in OpenFL.

Samir Sabri

Aug 26, 2013, 4:24:52 AM8/26/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks tom, by the way, do you know where to find OpenFL project template for FlashDevelop? can I just use new haxe NME project?
--
Kind Regards,
Samir Sabri

tom rhodes

Aug 26, 2013, 4:31:32 AM8/26/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
No worries, it will take some work but the logic of your app is safe, it's essentially loading your assets and some view code that will change a bit.

there's this guide http://fugocode.blogspot.it/2013/07/from-nme-to-openfl-with-flashdevelop.html but flashdevelop 4.4.3 has openfl project template in.

Samir Sabri

Aug 26, 2013, 4:36:00 AM8/26/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com