hurlant crypto ported to haxe already?

soywiz

Mar 11, 2016, 7:54:29 AM3/11/16
to Haxe
I have just created an haxe library to handle websockets everywhere including flash and sys targets:

I want (and need) to support secure websockets everywhere (already supporting javascript and flash) but need on sys targets too.
I have tried this library: https://github.com/tong/hxssl
But it seems that it is not compile for mobile.

On as3 we were using hurlant crypto library that supported TLS sockets for iOS before adobe supported SecureSockets there too:
https://github.com/timkurvers/as3-crypto

So I think that even it I just use hxssl, that would be great to have a crypto library and pure-haxe TLS sockets.
Is there any effort in that direction already? Should I port it to haxe?

Skial Bainn

Mar 11, 2016, 8:51:11 AM3/11/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
There seems to be on going work to improve this area of Haxe, with a pull request opened today based on mbedTLS instead of openSSL. Something to keep an eye on.

soywiz

Mar 13, 2016, 1:03:31 PM3/13/16
to Haxe
Cool. I will use that implementation when ready.

This weekend I didn't had Internet, and I used that time to port hurlant crypto library. It's not 100% ready (lack some certificates + tls) but it's mostly done.

Already passes all tests but one (related to certificates) (in the javascript target). So now in haxe we can use:

Public Key Encryption: RSA (encrypt/decrypt, sign/verify)
Secret Key Encryption: AES, DES, 3DES, BlowFish, XTEA, RC4
Confidentiality Modes: ECB, CBC, CFB, CFB8, OFB, CTR
Hashing Algorithms: MD2, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256
Paddings available: PKCS#5, PKCS#1 type 1 and 2

Francis Bourre

Mar 13, 2016, 1:51:28 PM3/13/16
to Haxe
Nice, thank you.

Philippe Elsass

Mar 14, 2016, 4:40:17 AM3/14/16
to Haxe

Ascrypt library has a Haxe port already - not sure if it covers everything you need though.

On 13 Mar 2016 17:51, "Francis Bourre" <peter...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice, thank you.

soywiz

Mar 14, 2016, 4:52:16 AM3/14/16
to Haxe
Too late :( It would have avoided a lot of invested time.

I couldn't find anything at haxelib related to crypto:

The code is here right? https://github.com/Meychi/ASCrypt

Anyway, it seems that hurlant's have some stuff that is missing from ASCrypt so at least not completely lost my time.

Philippe Elsass

Mar 14, 2016, 2:45:03 PM3/14/16
to Haxe

Yes that's on Github at least - it's actively used in production.

Philippe