Haxe Flash project and local dependency management

GCardinal

Mar 28, 2014, 12:01:30 PM3/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Haxe newbie here!!

I guess this is a pretty quick and easy question, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I know haxelib can be used to download libraries and such, but I'm wondering if there isn't a way to have it handle dependency management on a per project basis, a bit like composer does for PHP.

If so, how would I go about generating a "composer.lock" kind of file for my projects?

Thank a lot!!

Justin L Mills

Mar 29, 2014, 1:02:21 AM3/29/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
GCardinal:
> I know haxelib can be used to download
> libraries and such, but I'm wondering if there isn't a way to have it
> handle dependency management on a per project basis

Basically if you create a 'local' haxelib with dependancies listed in
the haxelib project file.

http://haxe.org/doc/haxelib/using_haxelib#dependencies

The folder with the project file can be zipped and then used

haxelib local myhaxelib.zip

eg:
http://haxe.org/doc/haxelib/using_haxelib#testing-the-package

Not sure it's ideal but it is a possible approach. I am not sure if you
don't want to submit your sub libraries to haxelib if you could use a
git versioned one maybe this is a feature that needs to be requested.

Best

Justin