Flashdevelop / Haxe - build halted with errors (haxelib.exe)

Jeremias Eichelbaum

Mar 23, 2014, 4:54:40 PM3/23/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I´ve posted this question also on stackoverflow and would be really happy if somebody can point me into the right direction.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22596766/flashdevelop-haxe-build-halted-with-errors-haxelib-exe

I´m trying to get started with haxe but I can´t even get past the easiest step, compiling the "new project" template. I´m using Flashdevelop4, installed haxe and used the the command "haxelib install openfl" to install openfl (did the same for NME) though I still get the most basic compiling error:

haxelib run openfl build C:\dev\haxeBox\openFlTest\application.xml android -debug

[file_contents,C:\Program Files (x86)\Haxe\haxe\lib\openfl//.current]

Build halted with errors (haxelib.exe).

I´ve googled a couple of hours but I couldn´t find anything that would remotely point me into the right direction, therefore I hope anybody has solved this issue before.

thanks in advance,

Jery

Philippe Elsass

Mar 23, 2014, 5:13:51 PM3/23/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
This ([file_contents,C:\Program Files (x86)\Haxe\haxe\lib\openfl//.current]) is a common symptom of an incorrectly installed haxelib. This is useful to know how to fix it in general (is there a doc?), but you have a bigger problem ;)

In your case you installed Haxe in Program Files and this is a bad idea as it's an endless source of bugs. I recommend you reinstall Haxe in the default location (C:\HaxeToolkit) or in any other directory that doesn't require administrator rights.

Cheers

Philippe

Jeremias Eichelbaum

Mar 23, 2014, 5:24:05 PM3/23/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks alot Philippe!

I did figure it out a few minutes ago myself. Against my habbit I did open the command line without admin rights, so it didn´t appear to me that this could have been the problem.

I will reinstall Haxe now =)