neko and retina monitors

Pier Bover

Oct 5, 2014, 12:05:11 AM10/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm on a retina macbook. When I test on neko, it seems the window is doubling the pixels to simulate non retina content, which is fine for developing normal content. My problem is that I'm developing retina content for iPad and I'd like to see the "real" number of pixels instead of the doubled version, or a 1:1 relationship instead of 2:1.

If this doesn't make sense check this. If write this on the project.xml...

<window width="2048" height="1536" background="#FFFFFF" fps="30" />

... instead  of getting a 2048 X 1536 pixels window, I'm getting a 4096 x 3072 window, which of course doesn't fit my 2560 x 1600 monitor.

Is there some parameter to change that behaviour?

Daniel Glazman

Oct 5, 2014, 4:58:10 AM10/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On 05/10/2014 06:05, Pier Bover wrote:
> I'm on a retina macbook. When I test on neko, it seems the window is
> doubling the pixels to simulate non retina content, which is fine for
> developing normal content. My problem is that I'm developing retina
> content for iPad and I'd like to see the "real" number of pixels instead
> of the doubled version, or a 1:1 relationship instead of 2:1.
>
> If this doesn't make sense check this. If write this on the project.xml...
>

> <windowwidth="2048"height="1536"background="#FFFFFF"fps="30"/>
> |

> ... instead of getting a 2048 X 1536 pixels window, I'm getting a 4096
> x 3072 window, which of course doesn't fit my 2560 x 1600 monitor.
>
> Is there some parameter to change that behaviour?

The runtime has to be retina-compliant. In other words its info.plist
has to contain:

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
<true/>

Hope that helps.

</Daniel>

Pier Bover

Oct 5, 2014, 11:39:24 AM10/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Daniel. Any idea on how I could go about implementing this?

Pier Bover

Oct 5, 2014, 11:48:24 AM10/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Actually if I check the info.plst inside the .app it already contains that node...

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
<string>True</string>

Inline image 1

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Pier Bover <pierb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the info Daniel. Any idea on how I could go about implementing this?

Pier Bover
y...@pierbover.com

Pier Bover

Oct 8, 2014, 2:55:09 PM10/8/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone help me with this?

I've asked everywhere (here, twitter, openfl forums) and nobody seems to know what I'm talking about...

David Elahee

Oct 9, 2014, 1:13:53 AM10/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

The iOS thing has a contentScale var, may it s what ya need.

Xoxo

Pier Bover

Oct 9, 2014, 1:26:57 AM10/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Where is that var located?
--
Pier Bover
y...@pierbover.com

David Elahee

Oct 9, 2014, 2:02:57 AM10/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Afai on iOS it should be set by the runtime on the root window. Google should pop something about this.

Cristian Baluta

Oct 11, 2014, 8:03:35 AM10/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Are you testing in simulator?

Cristian Baluta

Oct 11, 2014, 8:11:43 AM10/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The strange thing is i looked at safari and other native apps, there's no setting like this. I do not have retina but i don't think there are 2 versions of the apps