New version of Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA

fkorotkov

Sep 25, 2012, 8:28:36 AM9/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The latest version of Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA has tons of improvements.

Plus plugin includes initial support of debugging HXCPP projects. It means that now you are able to debug android/iOS/windows/linux/MacOS applications. You can check this post for details: http://gamehaxe.com/2012/09/14/hxcpp-built-in-debugging/

We are looking forward for your feedback about the Haxe support in IntelliJ IDEA. Your suggestions are welcome. Please submit bug reports directly to our issue tracker.
--
Fedor Korotkov
Java Developer

Richard Lee

Sep 25, 2012, 1:59:39 PM9/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Woot!  I am happy to see that jetbrains is supporting this plugin in-house.  I've noticed the previous version 0.4.7 is sort of so-so at code formatting (any improvements there?), but hxcpp debugger support is awesome!

Richard Lee

Sep 25, 2012, 2:05:52 PM9/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
hmm... seems not available from intellij plugin manager?  tried to download and install manually, but says incompatible with intellij 11.1?

Richard Lee

Sep 25, 2012, 2:14:45 PM9/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Seems to need idea version 122.1.  Latest released version is 117.798.  Latest early access version is 117.912.

Richard

Sean Keisman

Sep 25, 2012, 5:25:53 PM9/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Is this plugin not compatible with WebStorm? or is this plugin not available to evaluation licensees?
I downloaded a trial of WebStorm and it is not compatible.

Fedor Korotkov

Sep 25, 2012, 5:59:01 PM9/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Yes. You need IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP. I've fixed some bugs in the formatter and added more settings. Feel free to submit feature requests to our issue tracker.

Hi Sean,

You have to use IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. You can try it for free (check out our EAP program).

Bets,
Fedor

dlots

Sep 25, 2012, 10:00:58 PM9/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your work on fixing those bugs I posted on YouTrack (the post with multiple bugs I never reposted). I will check out this update and I think there are just a few additional issues and it will be perfect! I <3 Intellij, amazing IDE. Can support thousands of files in a project without a hitch, its magic. A+++++++++ You guys have to give this a try, hopefully it works with a trial version of Intellij

Stephane Le Dorze

Sep 26, 2012, 4:45:12 AM9/26/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've bought IntelliJ IDEA 11, will I ever be able to use the new versions of Haxe plugin with it?

Stephane

imRobert

Sep 26, 2012, 6:52:41 AM9/26/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
That's odd. On the Haxe plugin page (  http://plugins.jetbrains.net/plugin/?webide&pluginId=6873  ) I read the following :

haXe Support

Products: IntelliJ IDEAAppCodePyCharmRubyMinePhpStorm/WebStorm

Vendor: JetBrains

I just lost my interest in Webstorm.

Thanks for confirming.

Richard Lee

Sep 26, 2012, 1:57:36 PM9/26/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thx... already have idea ultimate version 11.  Any chance haxe plugin 0.5 will be back ported to it?  What's the upgrade cost and timeline for idea ultimate version 12? Will give the EAP a try.

Richard

Richard Lee

Oct 6, 2012, 8:42:08 PM10/6/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
OK... I've got hxcpp debugging working from the command line via DebugStdio and over the network to the neko DebugTool via DebugSocket, but I can't seem to convince IntelliJ to believe my program is able to be debugged using hxcpp.  I've tried both run configurations (I'm assuming the HXCPP Remote Debug is for when you're running on a mobile device?) but both say that only HXCPP projects can be debugged.  How do I tell intellij that my project *is* using hxcpp?

Also, I'm not able to find any documentation on the intellij haxe plugin.  Could you point me at something?

Richard

Richard Lee

Oct 7, 2012, 5:33:19 PM10/7/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... line 59-ish in HXCPPRemoteDebugRunner looks suspect:

boolean notHXCPP = (settings.getNmeTarget() != NMETarget.WINDOWS) && (settings.getNmeTarget() != NMETarget.LINUX) && (settings.getNmeTarget() != NMETarget.LINUX64) && (settings.getNmeTarget() != NMETarget.ANDROID) && (settings.getNmeTarget() != NMETarget.IOS);

Note the absence of a test for "NMETarget.MAC", which does, in fact, appear to support hxcpp.

Richard

Joshua Granick

Oct 7, 2012, 8:47:31 PM10/7/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think it would be much better to check for Flash or HTML5, since every other target is going to be HXCPP :)

(though this does not consider if the -html5 or -air flags are being used)

Richard Lee

Oct 8, 2012, 5:02:03 PM10/8/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I hacked on the haxe.jar file for intellij and was able to get hxcpp debugging sort of working for the "Mac OS" target.  I can set breakpoints, and I can see the names of the variables in scope, but I am unable to inspect or change their values as I can with the neko server.

Richard

Greg Back

Nov 27, 2012, 1:31:27 PM11/27/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

I am using Intellij as my Haxe editor to build a large project with an ANT build.  It is not realistic with the scale of this project to use the debugger that launches immediately after compilation.

I am looking for some way through Intellij to debug my swf once it is in the browser, similar to how FDT or Visual Studio can attach to process and begin debugging.

Is this possible through Intellij?

Fedor Korotkov

Nov 27, 2012, 2:07:00 PM11/27/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gred,

What if you create haxe run configuration. Add your ant build as before run action. And set 'custom file to run' to 'https://www.google.com/'.

Best,
Fedor

2012/11/27 Greg Back <insan...@gmail.com>

Greg Back

Nov 27, 2012, 2:54:11 PM11/27/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
yes! works like a charm, thanks fedor!
--
-Greg Back

Fedor Korotkov

Nov 27, 2012, 2:59:16 PM11/27/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Also don't hesitate to submit bugs/feature requests to our issue tracker. ;)

Jörg Wasmeier

Feb 28, 2013, 11:58:10 AM2/28/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hurray new Version 0.60 now with Folding :)

I missed this feature so much :)

Thanks for the good work and i hope you will support haxe3 soon cant wiat to play with that ;)

greetz

Chris D

Feb 28, 2013, 7:54:35 PM2/28/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yes folding is working great! even Ctrl . to fold a selection works now.

Even though the haxe plugin is far from complete and there are outstanding bugs that bug me every time I use it (especially with copy paste compiler conditionals http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-94171) its has features I cant live without and no other IDE has for haxe ( rename refactoring, goto definition, find usages, etc )

Vote up issues here http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/IDEA?q=%23Haxe if your not already :)

Jörg Wasmeier

May 10, 2013, 4:51:30 AM5/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

does anybody have a sucessfull configuration for a Haxe3 Projekt with the intelij plugin?

Ive tryt it but i can only create a runinng haxe2 configuration.

tanks for any hints ;)

Fedor Korotkov

May 10, 2013, 4:53:08 AM5/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jörg,

What problems do you have?

Best,
Fedor

2013/5/10 Jörg Wasmeier <in...@creative-code.net>

--
---

Jörg Wasmeier

May 10, 2013, 5:06:07 AM5/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi thanks for the fast reply :)

well at the moment i have a realy great working haxe 2 Configuration, thanks for the awesome work.  Well i think my problem is that i have no idea how to setup a haxe 3 Project with the plugin, in the bestcase parralel to a haxe 2 configutation in the Plugin.

I would be very gratefull if you can a Screencast or a little Tutorial whats the best case is for this.

thanks and greetings from the rainy Germany.

Fedor Korotkov

May 10, 2013, 5:23:35 AM5/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what differences are between Haxe 3 and Haxe 2 projects except maybe an SDK. I remember I had no problems with configuring a Haxe 3 SDK on Windows.

Jörg Wasmeier

May 10, 2013, 5:42:06 AM5/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Ah okay, well the biggest thing is the syntax cin my case it was the Interface Syntaxe change.

I think the migration website have all the information http://haxe.org/manual/haxe3/migration

Fedor Korotkov

May 10, 2013, 5:46:19 AM5/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Most of syntax changes are supported in the latest plugin build. Please use IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 with plugin version 0.6.1. If you'll have any problems feel free to submit bugs.

Chris D

May 10, 2013, 7:18:13 AM5/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Using haxe3 and haxe2 side by side isn't really in the scope of Fedor's plugin.

You would have to write a script to change the environment vars etc, read about it here it would be different for each os.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haxelang/trmq-4H1J8g[1-25-false]

Idea works as good with haxe 3 as it does with 2 thanks to the previous release, looking forward to more bug fixes.