HaXe 3.1.2 needs GLIBC_2.15?

Nicolás Andrés Ortega

Apr 1, 2014, 1:12:26 PM4/1/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I recently installed HaXe (either version 3.1.2 or 3.1.1), and every time I try to compile something it gives me the following error:
haxe: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by haxe)Enter code here...

I've used HaXe before, I've used one of the HaXe 3 versions. However, I've used it with my same computer using glibc 2.13. I installed HaXe via the automatic installer because all the other methods kept giving me errors of one sort or another. So I was wondering if there is a way that I can compile from source, perhaps even an older version such as HaXe 3.1.0, or even 3.0.9 (or something like that). I have projects that I've already started working on with HaXe, and now their not compiling (when the used to before), so the problem isn't with my code.

Thanks!

Sam MacPherson

Apr 1, 2014, 1:18:07 PM4/1/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Can't you just update to glibc 2.15?

Nicolás Andrés Ortega

Apr 1, 2014, 3:09:25 PM4/1/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
No, that would cause more problems than it's worth. From what I understand everything in Linux is based on GLIBC, and by changing it there could be some huge problems that I don't want to get into.

From what I understand, Ubuntu already uses glibc_2.15, but I'm not running Ubuntu, I'm running Debian 7.

Sam MacPherson

Apr 1, 2014, 4:02:07 PM4/1/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think Haxe has depended on glibc 2.15 for a while now (at least since v3). I've always had to manually update glibc whenever I needed Haxe on a Linux machine. I don't think there is a way around it.

Nicolás Andrés Ortega

Apr 1, 2014, 5:09:07 PM4/1/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I know there is a way because I've done it before. The reason I'm installing HaXe now is because I've recently reinstalled Debian 7 in order to repartition my hard drive. Before reinstalling, I had HaXe installed with version 2.13 of glibc.

tom rhodes

Apr 1, 2014, 5:13:58 PM4/1/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
have you built haxe from source using your version of glibc?

On 1 April 2014 23:09, Nicolás Andrés Ortega <nicolas.or...@gmail.com> wrote:
I know there is a way because I've done it before. The reason I'm installing HaXe now is because I've recently reinstalled Debian 7 in order to repartition my hard drive. Before reinstalling, I had HaXe installed with version 2.13 of glibc.

Nicolás Andrés Ortega

Apr 2, 2014, 6:59:37 PM4/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I have in the past, though I don't know which version of HaXe it was, all I know is that it was one of the Haxe 3 versions.