lib format.zip problem with haxe 2.11

vincent b

Jul 18, 2013, 6:22:09 AM7/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have a compilation error when using the format library to unzip a file, I use an old nightly 2.11 r5583 compatible with my project. A simple exemple, try to compile this :

    static function main():Void {
new format.zip.Reader(null);
    }

result :
C:\workspace\SDK\haxe/std/Map.hx:24: characters 12-13 : Unexpected (

I wonder how a such exception is possible, I don't use -D haxe flag.
If someone has experienced this problem or think about a solution to this, it will be really kind to tell me how to deal with it.

Thanks a lot!!!

Cheers,

vincent b

Jul 18, 2013, 6:37:23 AM7/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to say that problem happens only when targeting flash.

Nicolas Cannasse

Jul 18, 2013, 8:02:39 AM7/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 18/07/2013 12:22, vincent b a �crit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have a compilation error when using the format library to unzip a
> file, I use an old nightly 2.11 r5583 compatible with my project. A
> simple exemple, try to compile this :
>
> static function main():Void {
> new format.zip.Reader(null);
> }
>
> result :
> C:\workspace\SDK\haxe/std/Map.hx:24: characters 12-13 : Unexpected (

Seems like you're mixing Haxe2 (Hash) and Haxe3 (Map) code. You
shouldn't even have a Map.hx if you're using 2.x

Best,
Nicolas

vincent b

Jul 18, 2013, 8:26:52 AM7/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response Nicolas.

Seems like you're mixing Haxe2 (Hash) and Haxe3 (Map) code. You
shouldn't even have a Map.hx if you're using 2.x

Yes, I know but I'm not using haxe 3.
I don't use Map, I just try to use the format.zip library as seen in the exemple.
But the error occures only when I try to compile for flash target.

Maybe my haxe sdk is corrupt... I will ask someone to compile it with the same haxe version to test if it compiles.

Regards,

Le jeudi 18 juillet 2013 14:02:39 UTC+2, Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :
Le 18/07/2013 12:22, vincent b a �crit :

clemos

Jul 18, 2013, 8:43:52 AM7/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
What Nicolas means is that your standard library is still haxe3.
You need to put the 'std' folder that comes with the 2.11 compiler there : C:\workspace\SDK\haxe/

Regards,
Clément

vincent b

Jul 18, 2013, 10:46:24 AM7/18/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Ok !!!!

I have reinstall all my haxe SDK and still have the problem.
I think I have spotted the problem : http://lib.haxe.org/legacy/p/format

The format 3.0 has been pushed on the legacy server :)

I will use the previous version.

Thank you, have a nice day.