[haxelib] can't use haxe-starling via haxelib "Library starling version dev is not install"

Ido Yehieli

Jul 10, 2013, 4:31:03 AM7/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've installed haxe-starling from using the instructions at https://github.com/labe-me/haxe-starling (tried both via haxelib git and manual git), and I'm getting the following error when trying to use it in a project:

Running process: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe "C:\Users\funtomic1\Desktop\test\test.hxproj" -ipc aabe64e4-5544-43bf-a260-b96c6a900744 -version "3.0.0" -compiler "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe" -library "C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Library"
Building test
haxe -cp src -lib air3 -lib starling -swf C:/Users/funtomic1/Desktop/test/bin/test.swf -swf-header 800:600:60:222222 --flash-strict -swf-version 11.7 -main Main -debug --no-inline -D fdb
Error: Library starling version dev is not installed

Build halted with errors (haxe.exe).
Done(1)

Looking at haxelib I get:

C:\Users\funtomic1\haxe-starling>haxelib list
actuate: [1.6.3]
air3: [0.0.1]
flixel: [2.0.0-alpha.3]
hxcpp: [3.0.2]
monax: [1.4.0]
nape: [2.0.9]
nape-hacks: [2.0.1]
nape-symbolic: [2.0.1]
nme: [4.0.2]
openfl: 1.0.0 [1.0.4]
openfl-compatibility: 1.0.0 [1.0.1]
openfl-html5: 1.0.0 [1.0.3]
openfl-native: 1.0.0 [1.0.4]
openfl-samples: 1.0.0-rc.1 [1.0.0-rc.3]
openfl-tools: 1.0.0 [1.0.4]
Parsex: [1.4.0]
starling: [dev:C:\Users\funtomic1\haxe-starling\haxelib/]

Any idea what the problem is?

Jason O'Neil

Jul 10, 2013, 4:43:24 AM7/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Can you try "haxelib selfupdate" and follow the instructions to get the latest version of haxelib?

There was a problem with the 3.0 release that messed up the "dev" path on Windows with the wrong slashes.  It's planned to package the fix with the haxe download, but for now "haxelib selfupdate" should do the trick.

Let me know if it doesn't work for you

Jason

Laurent Bedubourg

Jul 10, 2013, 4:46:38 AM7/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Damned, I had the same problem yesterday using windows automatic installer.

I Didn't know about haxelib selfupdate and lost time hacking it :/
--
Laurent Bédubourg
lau...@labe.me

Ido Yehieli

Jul 10, 2013, 5:36:37 AM7/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
> follow the instructions to get the
> latest version of haxelib?

Where are these instructions? Couldn't find them. Just doing haxelib
selfupdate didn't fix the issue.

On 10 July 2013 11:43, Jason O'Neil <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi

> Google Groups "Haxe" group.

http://tametick.com
http://twitter.com/tametick

Jason O'Neil

Jul 10, 2013, 5:42:55 AM7/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On linux/mac, you just run "sudo haxelib selfupdate".

On Windows, after you run it there is an instruction along the lines of "Please run haxe update.hxml".  Do you see that?

Doing that should compile the new haxelib, make it an executable, and save it over the top of the existing haxelib.  Sorry some of these new features are not well documented yet.

If you can't see that message when you run "selfupdate" perhaps something else is wrong, so provide as much info as possible...

Jason

Ido Yehieli

Jul 10, 2013, 5:48:51 AM7/10/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Right, it did! Didn't notice it in the CMD, I thought you meant
somewhere on the website.

Works now,
thanks.