nPostgres segmentation fault on lin 64

dlots

Nov 7, 2013, 7:24:42 PM11/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I compiled nPostgres against PostgreSQL's dev apt package for 9.2 and 9.2 libs.

I am getting a segmentation fault on PQExec in a deterministic manner on a random query that occurs many queries into servicing a request. The same exact queries do not fail on Windows 32.

I previously received segmentation fault on other queries while initiating a proper installation but I did not record them and am unable to reproduce them. Perhaps the conn is garbage collected.

1. How would one debug an ndll called by tora loaded into Apache2?
2. I inserted a printf statement write before the PQExec. The printf statement does not print in it's entirety on the last execution before the segmentation fault. Ie, printf("np_request\n") only prints "np_re" for the query that seg faults. What could this mean?

dlots

Nov 7, 2013, 7:33:32 PM11/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Running neko in -interp removes this error. Please specify what the possible caveats to this could be?

dlots

Nov 7, 2013, 9:33:31 PM11/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haxelang/TKMF7elSlgs

Probably that issue. Please update neko vm website to specify that libgc 7.1 is broken.

dlots

Nov 7, 2013, 10:26:11 PM11/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you guys for taking the time then to debug this issue! It was the same issue.

You can force libgc-dev 1.72b on Ubuntu precise by:

apt-get install libgc-dev/trusty

Andreas Mokros

Nov 8, 2013, 4:43:38 AM11/8/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 18:33:31 -0800 (PST)
dlots <image...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably that issue. Please update neko vm website to specify that
> libgc 7.1 is broken.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Do you have 7.1 installed? Ubuntu?

--
Mockey

Andreas Mokros

Nov 8, 2013, 4:53:07 AM11/8/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 19:26:11 -0800 (PST)
dlots <image...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you guys for taking the time then to debug this issue! It was
> the same issue.

Yeah, that was really weird. But not so unusual from experience with
Ubuntu. I came across a couple of broken library versions through the
years...

> You can force libgc-dev 1.72b on Ubuntu precise by:

You don't need the newer libgc binary?

--
Mockey