Haxe C# target on iOS (AOT problem)

Dan Korostelev

Jul 27, 2013, 4:22:18 PM7/27/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys!

Did anyone have any success on using Haxe C# for iOS (for Unity or Monotouch or whatever)? The thing is, Apple requires that all code is compiled, so Mono on iOS uses ahead-of-time compilation and forbids JIT. But haxe C# target uses a generic method on the interface that is not supported in full AOT mode: the Array.Array_cast. At least that's how I understand this. :)

Maybe there's more but with this one I get a runtime error on an iOS device:

ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method 'haxe.root.Array`1<int>:Array_cast<int> ()' while running with --aot-only.

I am really trying to push Haxe for our current Unity-based project, but it looks like we can't use it for iOS devices at all currently :-/
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted