[OpenFL] Turning up Flash player version

Jeru Sanders

Jun 29, 2014, 6:16:50 PM6/29/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
How do I go about turning up the flash player version that I'm compiling to. It seems like if I turn it any higher than <set name="SWF_VERSION" value="12.5" /> I get an error.

Rezmason

Jun 29, 2014, 8:32:44 PM6/29/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Seconded! If there isn't one already, could we compile a list of supported platforms and versions on the new site? I'm looking out for when AGAL 2.0 and Context3DProfile.STANDARD are supported, but I have no idea what the current latest version is that we support. CHANGES.txt doesn't offer much guidance in this regard.

David Elahee

Jun 30, 2014, 1:10:35 AM6/30/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Methinks agal2 is for fp13/14 but I might be wrong

Le 30 juin 2014 02:32, "Rezmason" <jeremy...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Seconded! If there isn't one already, could we compile a list of supported platforms and versions on the new site? I'm looking out for when AGAL 2.0 and Context3DProfile.STANDARD are supported, but I have no idea what the current latest version is that we support. CHANGES.txt doesn't offer much guidance in this regard.

Message has been deleted

Rezmason

Jun 30, 2014, 2:10:35 AM6/30/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You're right, but the question remains- which SWF versions does compiler version 3.1.3 support?

Here's an idea! Haxe is on GitHub so I can dig up the answer there. For 3.1.3, only these versions are supported (copied from common.ml):

let flash_version_tag = function
       | 6. -> 6
      | 7. -> 7
      | 8. -> 8
      | 9. -> 9
      | 10. | 10.1 -> 10
     | 10.2 -> 11
   | 10.3 -> 12
   | 11. -> 13
    | 11.1 -> 14
   | 11.2 -> 15
   | 11.3 -> 16
   | 11.4 -> 17
   | 11.5 -> 18
   | 11.6 -> 19
   | 11.7 -> 20
   | 11.8 -> 21
   | 11.9 -> 22
   | 12.0 -> 23
   | 12.1 -> 24
   | 12.2 -> 25
   | 12.3 -> 26
   | 12.4 -> 27
   | 12.5 -> 28
   | v -> failwith ("Invalid SWF version " ^ string_of_float v)

So the latest release of Haxe only supports those versions. The latest revision on GitHub includes version numbers up to 17.0... but that doesn't actually mean anything. What's more meaningful is if I can find a commit to the Haxe project that adds support for the APIs I'm interested in.

Like this one! Bingo. (Wow, that's from almost two months ago.)

To answer Jeru's question, until the next release of the Haxe compiler, at least, we can only specify SWF versions up to 12.5.

David Elahee

Jun 30, 2014, 2:35:08 AM6/30/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Oh just file an issue it should be fixed fast :)

Pierre Chamberlain

Nov 4, 2014, 12:43:58 PM11/4/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
In FlashDevelop, I get this when trying to compile Haxe to SWF:
Error: Invalid SWF version 15

So does this mean, according to the common.ml file, the highest version it supports is up to 12.5?

What exactly is required to support it all the way to the latest? Is there new OpCodes that are just not ready yet to make it in the compiler?

-Pierre

Nicolas Cannasse

Nov 4, 2014, 6:01:15 PM11/4/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 04/11/2014 18:43, Pierre Chamberlain a écrit :
> In FlashDevelop, I get this when trying to compile Haxe to SWF:
> Error: Invalid SWF version 15
>
> So does this mean, according to the common.ml file, the highest version
> it supports is up to 12.5?
>
> What exactly is required to support it all the way to the latest? Is
> there new OpCodes that are just not ready yet to make it in the compiler?

You need to upgrade Haxe to the GIT version, or change the flash version
in FlashDevelop

Best,
Nicolas
Message has been deleted

Brennan Kinney

Nov 4, 2014, 8:32:56 PM11/4/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Is there a reason the SWF versions aren't mapped like this: http://sleepydesign.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/flash-swf-version-meaning.html , I get that you might be mapping to flash player version originally, but after 12 that's no longer the case is it?

I'm really surprised there is no EDIT feature on google groups...

Pierre Chamberlain

Nov 5, 2014, 9:52:56 AM11/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nicolas,

I've tried cloning Haxe from github and building it myself (I have no idea what I'm doing to be honest with this OCaml/Cygwin installation stuff), but when I run the "make -f Makefile.win libs haxe haxelib" I get this error:
"Makefile:87: recipe for target 'haxelib' failed"

Any ideas? Is there a precompiled version I can just get direction from Github?

-Pierre

Pierre Chamberlain

Nov 5, 2014, 9:53:43 AM11/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com