Restoring Our National Defense System

hskiprob

Sep 26, 2017, 7:39:43 AM9/26/17
to Socio-Economics For the Majority

There should be little doubt from the published accounts on the Federal Budget by the Office of Management and Budget, that the United States spends an inordinate amount of money on warfare and defense through both the Military and Intelligence Industrial Complex; somewhere in the range of about $1 trillion annually, ¼ of our annual budget, if all spending on defense and security are accounted. This is estimated to be more that the next 11 largest military budgets of all the other countries in the world “combined”. Even China’s budget with its 1.3 billion people dwarfs ours.

From “The Center for Public Integrity: https://www.publicintegrity.org/2015/07/14/17659/defense-budget-decision-makers-are-big-recipients-industry-funds and article form July 2015

“Congress has approved a defense policy bill that the president has signed each of the past 6 years, but this year, it’s struggling. The House and Senate disagree over many of its provisions, including the financing and direction of individual military programs within an overall budget exceeding $600 billion…..”

Also in the article…..“Over this period, the 48 conferees (Congressional members) received a total of $20.6 million in inflation-adjusted dollars from the political action committees affiliated with the top 75 defense contractors and from their employees, according to the Center’s analysis, or an average of $430,049 apiece. The 41 members of the Armed Services committees who weren't appointed conferees received roughly $5.2 million in the same period, or an average of $126,465 apiece. The large contractors who donated included such firms as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, General Dynamics, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, and Booz Allen Hamilton.”

If you’ve been paying attention to what is really important, Defense Spending as of September 2017, is right at $700 Billion annually, just for the defense budget which does not include such thing as foreign bases, VA benefits, foreign aid and intelligence.

How do we stop it? It’s actually very easy theoretically. Much of what our government has been doing to get to these levels of spending falls under secrecy provisions. Every time we turn around the documents in another Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request are being highly redacted or just not provided, citing a Secrecy Classification under National Security. This allows them to hide their often-times unconstitutional and illegal acts. The amounts of money in question is of such magnitude, as shown above, that those in power are literally protecting one another while they literally steal the wealth of our nation. This is not open or transparent government and there is literally no accountability.

If you try to whistle blow, you are for all intent and purposes sent to the proverbial Siberia, as the Soviets did to their decenters. Here whistleblowers are actually prosecuted and/or bankrupted with even family members pulled in, if necessary. All personal and employees must also sign secrecy and no disclosure agreements. Both Julian Assange and Edward Snowden are still in protected hiding by other countries and Barrack Obama, even though he was part of the enactment of the Whistleblowers Protection Act, prosecuted more whistleblowers than any government in U.S. history. So much so that almost nobody is stepping forward today, as if all the corruption and criminal activity has stopped.

The Five (5) Amendments to Restore America’s Defense System

Addendum Number 1. No engagements or Act of War, military training, consultation or providing of arms or supplies shall be entered into without a 3/4s passing vote of the Representatives of 3/4s of the States and the resultant Act of War voted on and passed by 3/4s of the members of Congress. – This is crucial. We the people must control our national defense policies and they must represent us, not the special interests of the military industrial complex.

Addendum Number 2. No company who is a Military or intelligence Contractor, its subsidiaries or Holding Company doing business with the United States of America or United States (DC) as a contractor, shall sell or distribute or supply, under any circumstances any armament or other support to any other nation or foreign organization. -- The U.S. ranks by far, 1st, as the supplier of arms and military supplies to the world. This is thwarting the guns or butter model not only for the U.S. but for much of the world.

Addendum Number 3. Only during a Declaration of War, shall any secrecy or secret activities exist within any government agency of the United States of America or United States (DC) or it’s various jurisdictions. – We must have open and transparent government to be civil society. In times of a declared war, that is a much different situation and various elements of secrecy become paramount.

Addendum Number 4. No Official or Agency of the United States shall provide aid to any country except to those who befall natural disasters and require humanitarian aid. All such provisions shall be adopted by 3/4s of the members of Congress. – Many of the countries around the world are diverting the foreign aid we supply to them, that is supposed to be for humanitarian purposes into military spending and even acts of war. They simply place it in their general fund and use it for any purpose they desire. Sadly, it often ends up being used for nefarious purposes. The diverting of U.S. taxpayer’s money for the purpose of foreign aid must be by the consent of the governed, not by those being paid through campaign donations to dole it out to other nations. It is causing the monetary influence of foreign powers on our election and pollical processes.

Addendum Number 5.  Any and all companies doing business as contractors with any of the various jurisdictions of or within the United States of America, shall provide for sale, through a public offering, at least 2/3’s of all shares issued. No shareholder or investment business shall own more than 10% of any military or intelligence contractor. – If companies desire to do business as a U.S. government contractor, they must allow the ownership of the company to be shared with We the People, and not just the 1%ers through private companies.

Our Constitution for some may be seen as a fluffy theoretical document but it is the foundation of the rule of law. It provides two methods to alter or amend it. It does not allow for the unlawful alteration or amending of it through either the administrative, legislative or judicial process now being invoked by our government. It is a felony to break the constitution, yet it is being done every day under the guise of national security and secrecy.