Harmony in Decline - Part 2

George Schiro

Oct 7, 2018, 5:32:54 PM10/7/18
to gg

Note:

    The Harmony CDD is run by several people who have been
    in charge here for almost a decade. For much of that time,
    the leader of the Harmony CDD has been Steve Berube.

    Steve Berube wants your vote next month.

    That way he can do more of the same for years to come.

This is a continuation of "Harmony in Decline" (see "Harmony in Decline - Part 1", https://tinyurl.com/y9psqff5 ). This is part 2 of 3.

This is where the so-called "Harmony Institute" used to be mid 2014 (a little further west along Five Oaks, before being "evicted"):

These are from today (years after the "Harmony Institute" no longer existed there):

How many more years will such an eyesore persist for overtaxed Harmony residents to enjoy?

Next: "Harmony in Decline - Part 3."

Outlook..bmp
Outlook..bmp
Outlook..bmp
Outlook..bmp

George Schiro

Oct 7, 2018, 7:30:13 PM10/7/18
to harm...@googlegroups.com
Kerul Kassel wrote on Nextdoor (where she has asked me not to respond):

    Anyone who attends CDD meetings or reads the minutes
    knows that the CDD board is consistently attending to
    landscaping issues with our landscaping contractor.
    While there are a number of areas that need attention
    (which the CDD has continued to document on a ongoing
    basis) there are also areas that look better than they
    have in a while, and Mr. Schiro does not acknowledge
    that.

    And I have been told that the HROA has been sending
    letters to developer-owner property that needs
    attention (the CDD has no jurisdiction over those
    properties).

Anyone who has lived in Harmony for almost 15 years (like I have) can testify to the fact that the Harmony landscaping is worse now than it was 15 years ago. I will be posting more to demonstrate that fact soon. And don't forget for a minute folks, it's CDD supervisors like Steve Berube who are directly responsible for evaluating landscaping companies, deciding how much to pay them and then finally selecting which company does the work.

Sending letters to developer-owned property after almost 10 years is too little too late. Steve Berube should have made that happen MANY years ago (especially now that he is on the CDD and the HROA).

Saying that the "CDD has no jurisdiction over those properties" suggests that CDD supervisors have no influence over the developer. If this is true, it just proves that we need new supervisors.

CDD supervisors who can't get the former "Harmony Institute" location cleaned-up and turned into a well-groomed grassy area (at the bare minimum) are simply incompetent and totally ineffective and should step aside and let someone else give it a try after almost 10 years.

George Schiro

Oct 7, 2018, 8:01:58 PM10/7/18
to harm...@googlegroups.com
Leeman wrote (on Nextdoor):

    LOL!  Mr Schiro complains about the CDD board and yet
    his second post is pictures of private property, which
    the CDD neither owns nor maintains.  How can Mr Schiro
    expect anyone to take him seriously when he so often
    gets it wrong?

I'll reiterate what I wrote previously, perhaps he will try reading it:

    Saying that the "CDD has no jurisdiction over those
    properties" suggests that CDD supervisors have no
    influence over the developer. If this is true, it just
    proves that we need new supervisors.

    CDD supervisors who can't get the former "Harmony
    Institute" location cleaned-up and turned into a
    well-groomed grassy area (at the bare minimum) are
    simply incompetent and totally ineffective and should
    step aside and let someone else give it a try after
    almost 10 years.

Leeman wrote (on Nextdoor):

    Mr Schiro has been a complainer about the CDD board for
    years.  If he knows how to fix this so called decline,
    why is he not running for the board so he can fix it?

I know how to fix it. I will vote for Berube's opponent.

George Schiro

Oct 7, 2018, 8:38:18 PM10/7/18
to harm...@googlegroups.com
See "Harmony in Decline - Part 3" here: https://tinyurl.com/ycdwhx3e .

George Schiro

Oct 9, 2018, 7:14:45 PM10/9/18
to harm...@googlegroups.com

Note: a reference to this "Harmony in Decline" post was censored on Nextdoor by Harmony CDD Supervisor Kerul Kassel.