Political Telephone

George Schiro

Aug 13, 2019, 6:45:00 PM8/13/19
to gg
A simple message originated with our greatest Republican president (since
Lincoln, the last with an honored place on Mount Rushmore):

Speak softly and carry a big stick,

It's been more than a century and political historians have been scratching
there heads wondering how we got here from there.

They've finally figured it out.

Remember the game of telephone we played as kids? A message would start with
one person and pass though many others, each trying his or her best to keep
the original message intact until we all got to hear the hilarious final
result:

Talk crazy and act like a big dick,

Ironically, that's not even the punch line.

In all seriousness, Teddy's message actually concluded with this:

and you will go far.