Unnatural Acts: SNOMEDCT Procedure Codes

ivaldes

Jul 24, 2021, 12:08:44 PM7/24/21
to Hardhats
Has VA updated CPRS such that the user is able to specify  SNOMEDCT Procedure Codes in the Encounter-->Procedures tab?   As far as I can tell there is no way for a user to specify SNOMEDCT Procedure Codes in CPRS Encounter-->Procedures tab, CPT only. It leads to unnatural acts for the user to specify SNOMEDCT Procedure Codes.

Sam Habiel

Jul 26, 2021, 8:47:16 AM7/26/21
to hardhats
I think the just released PCE Modernization now provides APIs so that
you can do that; but there is nothing in CPRS and there is not likely
to be, as all billing in the US is decreed by law to be use CPT codes.

Of note, ICD also provides procedure codes.

--Sam