Epic Exec details efforts to bring gpt-4 to healthcare

Nancy Anthracite

Apr 24, 2023, 4:42:08 PM4/24/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com

Since using ChatGPT has been discussed a lot lately, I though this might interest some.

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/health-tech/himss23-epic-analytics-leader-details-efforts-bring-gpt-4-healthcare-and-growing-work

--

Nancy Anthracite

Steven L

Apr 24, 2023, 5:00:47 PM4/24/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Piloting it we speak :)

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Matt King

Apr 25, 2023, 7:51:23 AM4/25/23
to Hardhats
Yup, they will do it and charge an insane amount as an add-on. Everyone will buy it because the numbers and liability are favorable. It will eventually become the standard.

Matt King

Apr 25, 2023, 8:22:51 AM4/25/23
to Hardhats
"Genomics is really just the next evolution of what we think of as a medical record," Lindemann said.

This is an amazing idea. Human health is really a product outcome of genes versus environment. Imagine if wearables captured all our pertinent health-related interactions with the environment, as well as providing biometrics to the EHR,  AI had access to all of that, plus your genome. It could develop personal and predictive "health algorithms", and push important care notifications when sensing significant changes. It could base screening tests and visit frequency your personal profile. It could send you a message if you needed a checkup. It could ask you to open a companion app, and guide you through a directed physical exam.

I have said the every EHR has failed physicians. Epic seems to know that and are trying to completely change the concept, so every existing EHR will look like a horse and buggy in the age of the automobile, compared to theirs.

Sam Habiel

Apr 25, 2023, 8:50:20 AM4/25/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com
>This is an amazing idea. Human health is really a product outcome of genes versus environment. Imagine if wearables captured all our pertinent health-related interactions with the environment, as well as providing biometrics to the EHR,  AI had access to all of that, plus your genome. It could develop personal and predictive "health algorithms", and push important care notifications when sensing significant changes. It could base screening tests and visit frequency your personal profile. It could send you a message if you needed a checkup. It could ask you to open a companion app, and guide you through a directed physical exam.

Wow. A nagging wife built into every App! :-)

--Sam

Matt King

Apr 25, 2023, 9:18:26 AM4/25/23
to Hardhats
Hahaha. Wives are associated with longer and happier lives for men. Maybe with the right temperament, you could get to really like your chatbot :)