VA delays further rollout of new multi-billion dollar record system until 2022

Kekoa

Jul 24, 2021, 5:00:57 AM7/24/21
to Hardhats

ivaldes

Jul 24, 2021, 10:47:53 AM7/24/21
to Hardhats
For a consulting fee of only 1/2 a billion dollars I hereby advise the VA to abandon this project, saving the VA and the taxpayers about 10 billion. No accolades or applause please, just send the check.

Tim Frazier

Jul 24, 2021, 11:02:01 AM7/24/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Remember half of that 1/2 billion must go back to congress. They are a part of the “infrastructure!”

Sent from my iPhone

Tim Frazier
Frazier Software Enterprises, LLC
34 Eastwind Lane
Edgewood, NM 87015

On Jul 24, 2021, at 8:47 AM, ivaldes <ival...@gmail.com> wrote:

For a consulting fee of only 1/2 a billion dollars I hereby advise the VA to abandon this project, saving the VA and the taxpayers about 10 billion. No accolades or applause please, just send the check.
http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Kevin Toppenberg

Jul 27, 2021, 9:59:31 PM7/27/21
to Hardhats
My favorite line:
    Company officials acknowledged that early testing was focused more on technical issues than ease-of-use for staff.
Users are pleabs . . .  what self-respecting IT project manager would stoop to consider the ignorant users??

Kevin

K.S. Bhaskar

Jul 27, 2021, 10:53:18 PM7/27/21
to Hardhats
Sort of like: The surgeons were focused more on making sure the surgery was completed correctly, rather than whether the patients woke up afterwards.

Regards
– Bhaskar