Hardhats website updates

Sam Habiel

May 14, 2023, 10:25:44 AM5/14/23
to hardhats
George Timson wrote to me to see if I can update some of the links pages to remove all the dead links and update the front page. I did that; and I hope I don't upset too many people by removing a lot of the links that no longer point to anything. I did my best to update them when I know that the organizations still exist (e.g. M-Gateway, FreeM).

Summary of updates:
Front Page:
- Update news

    - Update VA monograph link
    - Remove Oleen Healthcare Information Management (dead link)
    - Add Sam Habiel's website for its internationalization content
    - Remove Medsphere.org (not dead, but no content)
    - Update IHS and RPMS links
    - Remove Generic XML Interface for MUMPS and VA Fileman Databases (dead link)
    - Remove Open Source Health Care Alliance (dead link)

    - Change encoding from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 to display Caché correctly
    - Add note for last Update date
    - Add YottaDB
    - Remove Connections Group, Ltd
    - Remove Jacquard Systems Research
    - Update MGateway website
    - Remove Oleen Healthcare Information Management
    - Remove Cache Info Source
    - Remove CAMTA - M Technology Association - UK & Ireland
    - Repoint FreeM
    - Remove Generic Universal MUMPS (GUM)
    - Point GUM and FreeM to //www.rosecroft.net
    - Remove KB_SQL Community Site
    - Remove M Technology Resource Center
    - Remove M User Group Deutschland
    - Repoint M[UMPS] by Example
    - Remove MHTTP 1.2 MUMPS Web Server and MUMPS Guest Book
    - Remove New England M Users' Group (not dead, but no content)
    - Remove UC Davis Vet Med Web Server

--Sam

K.S. Bhaskar

May 14, 2023, 6:09:21 PM5/14/23
to Hardhats
Sam –

All of Medsphere's open source content is at https://launchpad.net/openvista

– Bhaskar

John “Jollis” Willis

May 15, 2023, 6:10:49 PM5/15/23
to Hardhats
Hi Sam,

I'm also the maintainer of the Generic Universal M Project (GUMP), the functionality of which is being folded into FreeM over time.

The current repository is at https://gitlab.coherent-logic.com/jpw/gump

The idea of GUMP is to split up M implementations into their component parts (database handler, language handler, local symbol handler, etc) in such a way that any and all can be mixed and matched, both locally and over a distributed network, using a standard API for the components to talk to each other.

FreeM currently implements a subset of the GUMP global database handler interface, allowing users to choose between a native global database handler and one written in BerkeleyDB. I plan to eventually implement a database handler using the YottaDB Simple API, which would marry FreeM's language enhancements (SSVNs, asynchronous events from the Millennium Draft Standard, and others) with YottaDB's superior database engine.

Larry Landis turned over the project to me in 2014, with admin access to the original GUMP SourceForge page. However, I've moved any/all activity over to the above GitLab instance.

Take care,
jpw

Sam Habiel

May 17, 2023, 10:20:36 AM5/17/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com
John,

I went ahead and added that to the MLinks page.

As to Bhaskar's comment on the OpenVistA repos: There are a lot of repositories going around. Would somebody care to compile a list so I put it on the website?

I would rather not comment on what repos people consider important. I consider my stuff important, but that's a personal opinion.

A quick list:
- Logica Health Github
- WorldVista Github
- OpenVistA Launchpad