Standalone FileMan development environment

rrichards

Aug 31, 2021, 11:21:30 AM8/31/21
to Hardhats
Is there a standalone FileMan implementation available that would allow new developers to create applications without the overhead of an entire Vista system?

What  Vista  infrastructure components are necessary to have a minimally-viable  (Vista-compatible) development environment?   Kernel?  TaaskMan?

Vista document library: Infrastructure modules:

Rafael

Sam Habiel

Aug 31, 2021, 11:26:21 AM8/31/21
to hardhats
Yes!

MSC Fileman is completely standalone. I did most of that work back during the initial Fileman 22.2 project.

--Sam

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Wolfgang Giere

Aug 31, 2021, 11:57:31 AM8/31/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com

... and it still is marvellous development tool, superior to many, second to none in my opinion!

Thanks to George and Tom!

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: [Hardhats] Standalone FileMan development environment

Datum: 2021-08-31T17:26:26+0200

Von: "Sam Habiel" <sam.h...@gmail.com>

An: "hardhats" <hard...@googlegroups.com>

rrichards

Aug 31, 2021, 2:05:31 PM8/31/21
to Hardhats
Thank you Sam.

Will the standalone Fileman installation work on clean, new YottaDB instance (no exiting FileMan files or Vista packages)?

If not,  could you post the abbreviated instructions?

Sam Habiel

Aug 31, 2021, 2:09:41 PM8/31/21
to hardhats
Yes, and the instructions are in the hyperlink I posted.