I need help installing patch XU*8*655

Kevin Toppenberg

Jul 27, 2022, 10:13:17 PM7/27/22
to Hardhats
Hey all, I am trying to get some patching done.

The instructions for patch XU*8*655 state:

Pre-Installation Instructions
 -----------------------------
   1) Install the data from the global host file XU_8_655.GBL. This
      file contains the VACAA Non-VA Care Provider information. This
      global file is ONLY required for production VistA systems. Provider
      information will not be loaded into development, test, mirror, or
      other non-production systems.

I can't see this GBL file in the XU patch directory on the web server:
https://foia-vista.worldvista.org/Patches_By_Application/XU-KERNEL/

Furthermore, it seems to be loading actual provider names into the NEW PERSON file. Which doesn't seem appropriate for my site anyway.  When I try running the KIDS file, the environment check routine complains of the missing global ^XU8P655("VACAA") that I assume the GBL import would provide.

How should I handle this patch?

Thanks
Kevin

Sam Habiel

Jul 27, 2022, 10:24:46 PM7/27/22
to hardhats
Skip this patch. If needs be, add an entry to the package file saying it's installed.

--Sam

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Kevin Toppenberg

Jul 28, 2022, 10:23:03 AM7/28/22
to Hardhats
Looking into this patch, it does more than process the GBL file.  It also updates / installs some XU* files.  I thought I might need these to be installed properly in the future, so didn't want to just skip it.

After an UNREASONABLY LONG EFFORT, I traced all through the code and finally determined that if a set my system to not be a production environment (using menu option XU SID ASK), then I could install the patch.  The patch skips interacting with global in this case.  Then, when done, I set my system back to a production environment.

I know I have no grounds for complaint.  But #$%@!, I am constantly feeling like I am wading chest-deep in much through a swamp every time I start patching. OK, now that I have that off my chest.  Lets move one.

Kevin