Demonstration of TMG Patching tools

Kevin Toppenberg

Aug 4, 2022, 12:11:10 PM8/4/22
to Hardhats
Hey all,

Here is a quick video demonstrating my patching tools.

I have pushed my code up to GitHub.  Details available on request

Kevin

Kekoa

Aug 5, 2022, 1:30:38 AM8/5/22
to Hardhats
Excellent work Kevin.

Question about the compare that you mentioned around the 4 minute mark. Why look for tags and compare line by line when you can compare the routine checksum?

Kevin Toppenberg

Aug 5, 2022, 10:01:41 AM8/5/22
to Hardhats
I don't understand.  I thought that Checksums were used to ensure the integrity of the incoming routines.  I.e. to ensure there are no glitches in the KIDS file that would introduce an error.  My search for comment text tags is to see if I have put in a custom modification into one of the files that is about to be overwritten.

Thanks for watching the video.

Kevin