VA Pauses all future roll-outs of EHR

Nancy Anthracite

Apr 24, 2023, 12:46:38 PM4/24/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com

Kevin Toppenberg

Apr 27, 2023, 4:27:58 PM4/27/23
to Hardhats
I wonder if Cerner, after (and if) it gets hammered into a shape that the VA can use, if it will still be compatible with the military side of things?

I have to say, overall, that I am happy that the VA is standing up to Cerner.  At my local hospital when they implemented Epic, I very much got the feeling that Epic held all the power.  If there was a problem, then clearly it must be the fault of the user or the hospital's implementation of their amazing software.  I distinctly remember thinking that patients were going to be positively harmed.  And sure enough, the VA was able to document a parallel situation where the change in EMR contributed to the deaths of four veterans.   Such things should never happen.

Kevin