How to install patch XU*8.0*757?

Kevin Toppenberg

Aug 8, 2022, 7:41:36 PM8/8/22
to Hardhats
To XU*8.0*757, there is a dependency on XOBW*1.0*4, which is a patch about web services.

XOBW*1.0*4 has a dependency of XOBW*1.0*0, which is stored in  XOBW_1_0_B31.KID

When I attempt to load XOBW_1_0_B31.KID, I get the following error

  This Distribution contains Transport Globals for the following Package(s):
     XOBW 1.0
  Distribution OK
     XOBW 1.0
  Will first run the Environment Check Routine, XOBWENV

  Note: Your current production M environment does not support SSL/TLS
        connectivity! SSL/TLS support is provided in Cache v5.2.3 and greater.
        Also, SSL/TLS is not currently supported on VMS.
  Type <Enter> to continue or '^' to exit:

       This software can only be installed in a Cache v5.2.3 or greater environment!
No installation name found.  Aborting.

Path XU*8.0*757, seems to contain only the file XUMVIWSC,

XUMVIWSC ;ALB/CMC - MPI HEALTHEVET WEB SERVICES CLIENT TOOLS ;10/6/21  10:53
 ;;8.0;KERNEL;**757**;Jul 10, 1995;Build 2

I am not planning on running HealthEVet, and am just trying to get patched up with XU patches.

Should I just dummy up a patch entry for this patch, and move on?

Thanks
Kevin

Roy Gaber

Aug 8, 2022, 9:16:25 PM8/8/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com

You could, not sure what the implications would be though.

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Sam Habiel

Aug 8, 2022, 9:28:51 PM8/8/22
to hardhats
It should be fine Kevin. You won't be using the TLS connection on Cache.

If you need to adapt the code you see for any reason, check this out: https://github.com/shabiel/HWSC

--Sam

Kevin Toppenberg

Aug 9, 2022, 8:26:10 AM8/9/22