FUD from Oracle about VistA

rtweed

Feb 6, 2023, 3:27:29 AM2/6/23
to Hardhats

https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/blog/veterans-deserve-better-than-vista-2023-02-03/

So much of the usual poisonous nonsense in this article that needs dispelling.

Nancy Anthracite

Feb 6, 2023, 5:00:37 AM2/6/23
to Hardhats, rtweed
If there were an award for FUD, they would win it!

--
Nancy Anthracite

On Monday, February 6, 2023 3:27:29 AM EST rtweed wrote:
> https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/blog/veterans-deserve-better-than-vista-2023-02-03/

rtweed

Feb 6, 2023, 5:16:46 AM2/6/23
to Hardhats
The world may be going full circle, it seems, and perhaps it's time for these thoughts of mine from nearly 10 years ago to be flagged up again to dispel the FUD and bs so often spouted about VistA and the M database and set a vision for its modernisation:

https://robtweed.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/vista-evolution-whats-wrong-with-this-picture/

The solutions for modernising VistA were and are still there (and have evolved still further and/or been re-branded since that article).  Just a shame they were squandered last time around, but we're still around and just a call away for anyone that's interested and who'll listen :-)

Rob

K.S. Bhaskar

Feb 6, 2023, 11:17:41 AM2/6/23
to Hardhats
It has become a political issue, although fortunately veteran care is polarized not along party lines. Oracle has the dollars to spent on PR and FUD, but VistA does not have a PR budget. For anyone who has an opinion about VistA vs. Cerner, please do write to your Representative and express it. I did, to my Representative.

Regards
– Bhaskar

Margaret Heinikel

Feb 6, 2023, 1:33:41 PM2/6/23
to Hardhats
What kills me, is they never mention CPRS and how it won every award for EMR's, it's ease of use and lack of flaws.

Joseph Dal Molin

Feb 6, 2023, 1:38:23 PM2/6/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com

"But there’s more … because Oracle is also committed to delivering an entirely new, modern, next generation web EHR application as a free upgrade—and again within the same budget envelope."

"But there’s more"...whoever writes this stuff for Oracle must have been head hunted from the Shopping Channel.

So Oracle is admitting Cerner was "old" end of life too when it was sold to VA and Oracle is going to come to the rescue with a modern, unproven EHR as a "free" upgrade....$5 billion spent so far on the wrong solution?

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Margaret Heinikel

Feb 6, 2023, 1:58:40 PM2/6/23
to Hardhats
I wrote to President, Vice President, my Congressman, both senators and Bernie Sanders about what a disaster CERNER is for the VA and its Oncology programs.

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:17:41 AM UTC-5 K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
Cerner VA Failure.docx

Nancy Anthracite

Feb 6, 2023, 6:59:07 PM2/6/23
to Hardhats, Margaret Heinikel