Interest in funding updating the VistA VEHU Docker Image?

Sam Habiel

May 3, 2022, 8:42:35 AM5/3/22
to hardhats
Hello everybody,

I have been approached to see if I can be sponsored to update the VistA VEHU Docker Image (located at https://hub.docker.com/r/worldvista/vehu) to include the latest patches, and to continuously maintain it.

If you don't know already, this docker image contains a ready to run VistA with lots of Demo data. People use it for developing software, as well as to evaluate the latest patches.

I am hoping to find others who are willing to fund my time of updating the VEHU Docker Image. Having multiple companies sponsor me will mean the work will likely continue for the long term.

Please reply to me privately at sam.h...@gmail.com if you are interested.

--Sam

Nancy Anthracite

May 3, 2022, 12:27:48 PM5/3/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com, Sam Habiel, hardhats

Thanks Sam for putting out this feeler. I will make a donation toward the effort. I suspect that individual donors are not what you have in mind, but here is my offer anyway if it looks like this effort will work.

--

Nancy Anthracite

Jim St. Clair

May 3, 2022, 12:35:32 PM5/3/22
to hardhats
Hi Sam, I'd be happy to discuss if we wanted to move this into the LF and get additional sponsorship.

Best Regards,

Jim St.Clair

Executive Director

Linux Foundation Public Health

(228) 273-4893

www.lfph.io

May 4, 2022, 8:56:09 AM5/4/22
to hardhats
Jim,

Having worked at OSEHRA for a few years, I don't think the Linux Foundation is likely to find any sponsors. Lessons learned the hard way. I can go on a rant on why this is, but I will keep it to myself.

Patching VEHU will be valuable for some people commercially (and typically for short periods), and I would like them to reach out to me.

--Sam

Jim St. Clair

May 4, 2022, 9:20:26 AM5/4/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sam, let me know if I can assist further