GNOME.Asia Summit 2010 - Call for host

1 view

Pockey Lam

Feb 2, 2010, 1:07:46 AM2/2/10
to Pockey Lam, Frederic Muller, Emily Chen
Dear Linux User Groups and Linux friends,

We are calling for the host of GNOME.Asia Summit 2010 now !

GNOME.Asia Summit is the yearly GNOME Users and Developers Asian
Conference. The event focuses primarily on the GNOME desktop, and also
covers applications and the development platform tools. It brings
together the GNOME community in Asia to provide a forum for users,
developers, foundation leaders, governments and businesses to discuss
both the present technology and future developments.

GNOME.Asia Summit was held in Beijing, China during 2008 and in
Ho-Chi-Minh City, Vietnam during 2009. We would like to continue finding
new national locations as we spread GNOME throughout Asia, and we are
looking for local organizers to rise to the challenge of organizing an
excellent GNOME event. The GNOME.Asia committee will assist in the
process, but there is a definitive need for individuals to be actively
involved and committed to the planning and delivery of the event.
You can learn more about GNOME.Asia Summit at our official website:
http://gnome.asia

The following two links are “must read items” for organizing the
GNOME.Asia Summit:
How to:
http://live.gnome.org/How%20to%20Organize%20GNOME.Asia%20Summit
Check list:
http://live.gnome.org/Check%20list%20for%20GNOME.Asia%20Summit

If you are interested in hosting the summit please submit a formal
proposal to the GNOME.Asia Committee at asia-summit-list [at] gnome.org.
The deadline for proposals is 31st March 2010. You are encouraged to ask
questions before writing the formal proposal.

GNOME.Asia is much like a few trees just planted and we want to grow a
forest in Asia. We are looking for local organizers in any Asian country
with the desire to take on and succeed in the challenges of organizing
an excellent GNOME event. We know that you will need all the time you
can get to prepare a proposal but we hope we have inspired you to get
started.

We are looking forward to hear from you on or before 31st March 2010.

Sincerely,
GNOME.Asia Summit committee