Greenest option for water softner

Korey Hart

Aug 20, 2010, 10:42:58 AM8/20/10
to Greater St. Louis Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Hi All,

Any suggestions?

We have a consumer seeking a replacement and want to know what
direction to go??

They live in Jefferson County and I guess have rather hard water.

Thanks all,

Korey

Daniel M. Dempsey

Aug 20, 2010, 11:40:27 AM8/20/10
to hp...@googlegroups.com
Hope this one's better than my last try. http://www.freflowaterne.com/

Terry Clayton

Aug 20, 2010, 11:25:48 AM8/20/10
to hp...@googlegroups.com
Kory I used whole house magnets on my mom's house. They clamp around the incoming water line, they use no power and they will actually clean the calcium from the pipes which leads to the only draw back I found with them you have to clean out the aerators because the calcium breaks up and will clog them. NO MORE SALT. I just did a search on line for water softener and run across the site for the magnets. If I remember they work off of the Reverse Osmosis Theory. I believe they ran about $300.00. She lived in Jefferson County. Hope this helps.

TERRY CLAYTON
Amspect Inspections LLC
808 Fox Chase Dr.
Arnold, MO 63010

Real Property-Real Inspections
InterNACHI Certified Home Inspector
Level 1 Certified Infrared Thermographer
Infrared Imaging
Infrared Energy Survey
NIFAST Home Fire Safety Certified Inspector