Radiant Barriers: A Solution in Search of a Problem

Korey Hart

Oct 4, 2010, 10:52:58 AM10/4/10
to Greater St. Louis Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/radiant-barriers-solution-search-problem

Excellent article on radiant barriers... I recieve alot of questions
about these. The sales pitch of manufucturers / installers make
consumers think it is a majic bullet for efficiency improvements...
this is just not so.

Frank

Oct 5, 2010, 12:13:17 AM10/5/10
to hp...@googlegroups.com

I checked out the link, I agree with whatever his name said and your opinion Korey.
That is common sense, to me.
Who introduces a second vapor barrier, (or a third depending on the wall covering) to a residential structure? Not to mention that the radiant barrier scam should be common knowledge.

Who else attempts to sell "BIG SAVINGS" THE window,siding,roofing,foundation,insulation, MAN. Gotta push what you know, or think you know.

So my question to all of you and the author of that link is: Why do people buy into this type of money and resource waste? I will answer my own question with my opinion, and await your opinions.

LACK of EDUCATION, AWARENESS,whatever you want to call it. So what type of people are reading this link? People that already know, how is that educating?
Where is HPwES,EPA,OSHA,mass media,BPI,NCI,CO Experts,CSI,ASHI,PH11,AHIT,NACHI,in educating the masses? I'm not seeing it.

OH, I know where they are, sucking money instead of educating.

Sorry, I forgot all of those "supposed" informational sources( yes they are just info resources, common sense) are funded by the lobbyists/government.

Don't waste my time with common sense.

Frank