I've been giving this some thought, in light of the county's growing case counts
since "reopening" started a month ago. The Legg's initial question leads me to several more questions, some of which I have answers for and others that remain unanswered.
Is there a field available where we can play without getting kicked off?
- This will be hard to answer until we actually try, but my assumption is that we would probably be kicked off of Wilson Field or Orange High, assuming they aren't locked up.
Can we practice social distancing while playing?
- Obviously there is an issue with marking - a sweaty player a disc's width to ten feet away yelling out the stall count is not ideal. Any sort of organized stack brings up a similar issue, fortunately we don't have to worry too much about those. On our side, we have the fact that we would be outdoors and not stationary for too long. I haven't been able to find too much reading with regard to outdoors sports, so it seems like we have an unknown here. I think a good way to ease back could be starting out playing games of Boot Durango
- it's smaller teams, lack of firm marks, and stall counting from anywhere on the field seems to take care of some of the aforementioned issues.
Are those who wish to play being responsible when not on the Fields of Play?
- I can't answer this entirely, but I'd hope that everyone receiving these emails has taken to wearing a proper face covering
when out in public as well as remembering the proper handwashing protocols & songs that were all the rage months ago. As Ken has already said, those with symptoms and/or known or suspected exposure would have to sit out until they knew themselves to not be contagious.
Are we able to contact trace?
- This feels like a big one to me. I'd hate to have our group be part of and contribute to the further outbreak of Covid-19. What was it that Joe B. Stallin' said? "If 10,000 people get Covid it's a statistic, but if any of HM Subjects get Covid it's a tragedy." That said, by virtue of this group I have everyone's email and think it's fairly easy to keep track of who has shown up to play. Anyone who wasn't on this list could be added. In the case that those playing were exposed, that information could be easily disseminated. I'd want to do this discreetly, but it's important that we be able to notify each other so that we can take the appropriate precautions and not further the spread.
What will I be doing tomorrow morning?
- Taking things slow, maybe finding more answers. I plan on being at Chapman's Wilson Field around 10:30 am with my sunscreen and a disc. Ideally I'd find someone to throw around with and find a more definitive answer to my first question. As much as I miss it, I am personally not ready to go full out, but it does seem like a shame to let these beautiful summer days pass us by.
Enrique Wallace IV - the Proxy