Game On?

Gregg Angier

Jun 19, 2020, 9:14:06 PM6/19/20
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
When we getting back on the field?????!

ken

Jun 20, 2020, 1:52:57 PM6/20/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
I'd be up for playing with people who don't have any symptoms or known exposure.  Looks like this might be with us for many more months...
ken

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 6:14 PM 'Gregg Angier' via Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange <HMUlt...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
When we getting back on the field?????!

Shidan Habibi

Jun 20, 2020, 3:25:51 PM6/20/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Too late for this week, I will play next week. Is the field open? -Shidan

Enrique Wallace

Jul 10, 2020, 11:37:24 PM7/10/20
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
Hi all,

I've been giving this some thought, in light of the county's growing case counts since "reopening" started a month ago. The Legg's initial question leads me to several more questions, some of which I have answers for and others that remain unanswered.

Is there a field available where we can play without getting kicked off?
- This will be hard to answer until we actually try, but my assumption is that we would probably be kicked off of Wilson Field or Orange High, assuming they aren't locked up.

Can we practice social distancing while playing?
- Obviously there is an issue with marking - a sweaty player a disc's width to ten feet away yelling out the stall count is not ideal. Any sort of organized stack brings up a similar issue, fortunately we don't have to worry too much about those. On our side, we have the fact that we would be outdoors and not stationary for too long. I haven't been able to find too much reading with regard to outdoors sports, so it seems like we have an unknown here. I think a good way to ease back could be starting out playing games of Boot Durango - it's smaller teams, lack of firm marks, and stall counting from anywhere on the field seems to take care of some of the aforementioned issues.

Are those who wish to play being responsible when not on the Fields of Play?
- I can't answer this entirely, but I'd hope that everyone receiving these emails has taken to wearing a proper face covering when out in public as well as remembering the proper handwashing protocols & songs that were all the rage months ago. As Ken has already said, those with symptoms and/or known or suspected exposure would have to sit out until they knew themselves to not be contagious.

Are we able to contact trace?
- This feels like a big one to me. I'd hate to have our group be part of and contribute to the further outbreak of Covid-19. What was it that Joe B. Stallin' said? "If 10,000 people get Covid it's a statistic, but if any of HM Subjects get Covid it's a tragedy." That said, by virtue of this group I have everyone's email and think it's fairly easy to keep track of who has shown up to play. Anyone who wasn't on this list could be added. In the case that those playing were exposed, that information could be easily disseminated. I'd want to do this discreetly, but it's important that we be able to notify each other so that we can take the appropriate precautions and not further the spread.

What will I be doing tomorrow morning?
- Taking things slow, maybe finding more answers. I plan on being at Chapman's Wilson Field around 10:30 am with my sunscreen and a disc. Ideally I'd find someone to throw around with and find a more definitive answer to my first question. As much as I miss it, I am personally not ready to go full out, but it does seem like a shame to let these beautiful summer days pass us by.

Your obedient servant,

Enrique Wallace IV - the Proxy

Michael Phan

Jul 11, 2020, 1:48:43 AM7/11/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Proxy,

COVID-19

scroll down and look at the graphs.

City of Orange is the 5th highest in terms of registered cases in the county. Cases and hospitalizations have spiked the last 2 weeks.

Just wondering - catching a thrown disc, will you clean it each pass? After each pull? If not, the sweat from all players on the pass will accumulate.

It would be a real drag to have someone get sick as a result of the game. Knowing the trace would be 'easy' from this group isn't quite the same as being safe to congregate.

But if you do play, I hope everyone stays safe.

Cheers

the grumpy old man

Nathan Mertick

Jul 11, 2020, 10:04:38 AM7/11/20
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
Proxy, love the thought and discussion you put together on this. And for sure such a drag to waste out great summers. Same can be said about the beaches.
I will be forgoing frisbee as part of my job in socially distancing to slow this spread. There is just too many unknowns still 4 months into this thing. I think getting out and throwing a disc sounds great until two weeks later you found out that dude had the virus and no symptoms.
My first priority is my work. And I need to stay healthy for that. Additionally my office is now doing covid testing. So probably makes me higher risk for catching things and potentially transmitting things.
Guys stay safe! Catch you soon - God willing. And as Newsome said wear your damn mask!!!

Shidan Habibi

Jul 11, 2020, 10:42:44 AM7/11/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
in -Shidan

Matt Aggleton

Jul 11, 2020, 1:29:42 PM7/11/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
I’m not in just yet, but wanted to let everyone know that Chapman field is locked today.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew Aggleton

Shidan Habibi

Jul 11, 2020, 1:41:19 PM7/11/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm the field is locked.  -Shidan

TRuong Bao Long

Jul 11, 2020, 1:54:24 PM7/11/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I'm new in this group and only play once with you guys in March before this whole COVID started and wish to play more.
For anyone missing the flying disc,I know an open park in my neighborhood that is suitable for the game, or maybe if you just need someone to practice with, just let me know here and I will be there ( of course if you don't have any symptoms)
The park address is here: https://goo.gl/maps/4cbxGmr1ov3JaRXf8
Stay safe everyone,
Jake Truong

Kai Ritter

Jul 12, 2020, 11:22:26 PM7/12/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Hey I can come to that park to throw with you. Text me at (310) 463-5839

Best,
Kai

Sent from my iPhone

TRuong Bao Long

Jul 13, 2020, 12:16:33 AM7/13/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Me and Kai will be on the field park at 11AM tomrrow to throw some disc, anyone interested to come too?
Best regards,
Jake
This conversation is locked