Ultimate Check-In

Enrique Wallace

May 16, 2020, 1:30:52 PM5/16/20
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
Hey there friends,

It has been many a Saturday since we last spoke of honorable hammers, good holsters, and sweet disc grabs, but my desire to meet on the Fields of Play has not diminished. While it looks like it may be several Saturdays yet before we can play several games of ultimate, it would be nice to see how all of Her Majesty's goode & loyal subjects have fared.

Personally, I've taken to distracting myself with hearty, egg-centric breakfasts, and even though I enjoy them, they to not satiate my spirit in the same way as our traditional barbeque lunch. The golden yolks remind me of the sun shining down on us while the crispy whites make me think of a crisp in-cut to advance the disc.

How have you all been faring? I hope you've been healthy & welle.

Until I see you on the Fields of Play

-Enrique Wallace via mobile device

Matt Aggleton

May 19, 2020, 10:48:50 AM5/19/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear from our own oxymoron, the original proxy. As I mentioned previously, in this time of isolation, I have been focused on developing two new Ultimate talents. They both show promise but have a long way to go in their training. They yearn to rejoin the activities, cheering and heckling from the sidelines in equal measure. Until the day comes that we are able to resume, I shall continue to hone my dreaded roller shot, to the delight of my older trainee.

Let us continue to observe a moment of silent, dreamy thoughts of chasing disc on a weekly basis in honor of these games that are slipping away unplayed.

Maggs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew Aggleton
M.Agg...@gmail.com
949-838-4907
http://www.linkedin.com/in/MatthewAggleton

J. Søren Viuf

May 19, 2020, 9:02:32 PM5/19/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
More like Proxymoron, amirite folks?!

orris.dan

May 19, 2020, 10:14:35 PM5/19/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
o7

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Matthew Minegar

May 20, 2020, 3:07:37 PM5/20/20
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
Hey friends,

Good to hear from Proxy and Maggs. In my time away from the bee, I've been working on my fitness and drinking lots and lots of Arnold Palmers (65% iced tea to 35% lemonade ratio, iced tea in first and lemonade on top). In terms of fitness, Benjamin has learned how to ride a bike, so I run behind him, and comfort him in the times he falls (which is quite routine) and yell words of encouragement when he does something cool (such as staying upright). Then at night, when the boys are tucked in and the day is done, I sometimes dream about playing Ultimate with you fine people. I hope you are all well.

MC

ken

May 22, 2020, 1:14:13 AM5/22/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
I hope everyone is staying healthy and doing well.  While I definitely don't subscribe to the view espoused by one of the next generation's great thinkers that "if I get corona, I get corona" (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4i9Ap6dCg ), I'd be up for some 3x3 or 4x4 mini with others who also don't have any symptoms or known exposure.  Thankfully, we haven't experienced the big surge in cases locally that many feared, so it appears the risk now remains low, perhaps only modestly higher than when we were playing in early March.  Each person needs to decide for themselves what make sense in their situation, but I'm ready to ease back out to the fields of play.

ken

Emily McCord

May 22, 2020, 2:59:26 AM5/22/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm definitely going through Frisbee withdrawals but I'm hoping to start surfing again now that the beaches are opening up. Travis and Stephanie are sadly moving away, but they gave me their windsurfer which I'm very excited about.

I'm lucky to be an essential worker and I get to be outside a lot of the time collecting water samples. When I'm not outside I'm working from home, and working from home means I can be whatever I want to be, as shown in the attached.

I miss you all and hope to see you on the fields of play in the future.

Emily

On May 16, 2020, at 10:30 AM, Enrique Wallace <enriquew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Shidan Habibi

May 22, 2020, 7:21:21 PM5/22/20
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see if the recent park and beach openings creates a surge of new cases before committing to a game.  Perhaps in a week or two?

I like the pics Emily.  :-)

-Shidan

This conversation is locked