Opportunity - APPLIED RESEARCH INTERNSHIP public health/education

ophelia

Feb 8, 2009, 11:03:55 PM2/8/09
to Health Disparities Student Collaborative
APPLIED RESEARCH INTERNSHIP
Boston EQUIP
a project of Associated Early Care and Education

The Boston Early Education Quality Improvement Project (Boston EQUIP),
a project of Associated Early Care and Education, is seeking a
Research Intern for Spring 2008!

Research Interns will have the opportunity to gain:
• Research and policy experience and familiarity with public health or
education
• Skills in doing community-based research, and
• An opportunity to meet and work with leaders in Boston’s public
health, education and other fields devoted to the well-being and
healthy development of young children

Associated Early Care and Education
Founded in 1878, Associated Early Care and Education consists of 6
center-based programs and 100 family child care homes serving over 900
children. Our staff, providers, and volunteers work together to
support our mission: "To lead through experience, as educators and
advocates in the early education of urban children from birth, in
partnership with families and communities". In addition to providing
direct services, we also work to shape public policy on the local,
state, and federal level.

Boston EQUIP
The Boston Early Education Quality Improvement Project (Boston EQUIP)
was launched in 1994, with the mission “to collaborate with members of
the early education community to systematically evaluate, set goals
for, and improve upon the quality of Boston’s early childhood
programs”. A unique community-based research effort, Boston EQUIP
brings research methods that meet the highest academic standards to
bear on questions and issues that are born of the community. This
summer, Boston EQUIP will conduct local research of Boston early care
and education and support the implementation of Thrive in Five
(Boston's school readiness roadmap) through the Data and Research
Team. For more information, please visit www.bostonequip.org.

Position description
The intern will be responsible for generating literature reviews,
gathering/analyzing data, and supporting the production of the
“Boston’s School Readiness Progress Indicators” report. This position
may also help in designing a needs assessment and the study design for
the 2008-2009 Community Profiles surveys. Website design experience a
plus.

Start Date: Spring 2009
Hours: 8-15 hours/week (one to two days per week) - flexible

If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter
and resume to:
Ophelia Navarro, Research and Policy Director
Associated Early Care and Education, 95 Berkeley Street, Suite 306,
Boston, MA 02116
(617) 695-0700 X229, onav...@associatedece.org
www.bostonequip.org

Associated Early Care and Education is an equal opportunity employer.

Student Collaborative

Feb 9, 2009, 12:08:17 AM2/9/09
to HD...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ophelia,

This seems like a great opportunity. The e-mail says this is taking place in Spring of 2008. Is this really supposed to be Spring 2009? My name is Larissa Jones and I am the new HDSC group coordinator. We are becoming active again and seeking to build relationships with community organizations. How did you hear about us? Are you part of the HDSC listserv?

Thank you,

Larissa Jones