anyone running happstack for months or over a year no problems with decent activity? and or creditcard payments?

gavino

Jul 30, 2014, 3:53:21 PM7/30/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
how well is it working?

Jeremy Shaw

Aug 1, 2014, 2:11:07 PM8/1/14
to HAppS
The big example, of course, is hackage.haskell.org -- which seems a
lot more reliable than the old hackage 1.x.

I run many happstack based sites including happstack.com and
clckwrks.com, plus a bunch of low traffic sites. They just run and run
with no problem. For my day job, we have a site that has been heavily
used by private clients for several years. That site gets updated all
the time -- so it doesn't have long uptimes because it is always been
upgraded. But, it does get a lot of activity. All the problems we have
had with that have been in the application specific code -- not
happstack itself. Can't entirely stop developers from shooting
themselves in the foot.

I have a site that includes CC payments via stripe. I intend to
release the stripe libraries on github/hackage in the next couple
days.

- jeremy

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM, gavino <visplo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> how well is it working?

Adam Bergmark

Aug 1, 2014, 2:27:46 PM8/1/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
We run several happstack servers at Silk, notably our public API. It gets restarted frequently because we deploy new features. The non-public servers are upgraded less frequently and run for longer, but they also see less HTTP traffic. I know a couple that have been running for ~6 months by now.

I don't think we've ever had any issues because of happstack itself, the only time we restart is when we want to deploy a new version.

Cheers,
- Adam

gavino

Aug 25, 2014, 3:37:48 PM8/25/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com

awesome!  great work!!

gavino

Aug 25, 2014, 3:39:09 PM8/25/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, August 1, 2014 11:27:46 AM UTC-7, Adam Bergmark wrote:
We run several happstack servers at Silk, notably our public API. It gets restarted frequently because we deploy new features. The non-public servers are upgraded less frequently and run for longer, but they also see less HTTP traffic. I know a couple that have been running for ~6 months by now.

I don't think we've ever had any issues because of happstack itself, the only time we restart is when we want to deploy a new version.

Cheers,
- Adam

great to hear....now do you find things are easier than with say python java etc?
In what ways do you feel haskell is more productive?

Anatoly Yakovenko

Aug 28, 2014, 5:50:20 PM8/28/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
i've been running happs without reboots for 323 days on a fairly low
traffic site. 5k requests a month for the past year. no problems.

johannes falcone

Feb 3, 2015, 5:21:23 PM2/3/15
to ha...@googlegroups.com
great to hear

johannes falcone

Feb 3, 2015, 5:23:28 PM2/3/15
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Do you ever have to think about load balancing? how would that work with the in memory db?  can the db be made to run accross multiple nodes liek www.hypertable.org or something?  or is it so fast and stable its just not worth worrying about?
When you have to evolve the data base is that easy?

When you have to evolve the data base is that easy?

anatoly yakovenko

Feb 6, 2015, 7:14:27 PM2/6/15
to ha...@googlegroups.com
mine has been up for almost a year!

23548 nobody 20 0 693m 34m 8460 R 2.0 2.1 7494:10 server

I've been using aws/s3/simpledb as my database, the server basically just manages iam tokens.

Anatoly