Backend Updates

Aleena Sylir

Oct 10, 2023, 5:54:27 PM10/10/23
to Gwyllion
Hi,

I'm Aleena. I look after Marjorie's website. I'm migrating it to a free cloudflare pages account, and its address is https://marjories-bedtime-stories.pages.dev/. marjorie.auroris.net will be available for as long as I can maintain it.

Marjorie: back in the real old days, your site was made with server side includes, and then we migrated to wordpress which was better at the time. But everything old is new again, and so a static site generator is the way forward. It works kinda like server side includes, but is a bit smarter about things. It's hooked up through github. If you want to post updates or take over this setup, please drop me a note.

-Aleena

hellenberg

Oct 11, 2023, 6:08:32 AM10/11/23
to Gwyllion
Thank you for all you do, Aleena.

JyoNaythan

Oct 11, 2023, 6:30:26 PM10/11/23
to Gwyllion
Have you heard from Marjorie?  We all hope she's OK.

And thank you for all you do keeping this up.

Andraon

Oct 11, 2023, 7:38:20 PM10/11/23
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
I agree. We wish her well and if you ever need help keeping the domain going let us know,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 5:30 PM 'JyoNaythan' via Gwyllion <gwyl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Have you heard from Marjorie?  We all hope she's OK.

And thank you for all you do keeping this up.

Alderin

Oct 12, 2023, 12:37:53 AM10/12/23
to Gwyllion
Yes, we want to know if she's ok, and as someone who has had several dusty old websites kept online for decades, just ask, I can help if nothing else.

Lindsay Mathieson

Oct 12, 2023, 2:31:05 AM10/12/23
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I checked it out - looks good and working well. Really
appreciate you keeping it going, let us know if it needs funding.

I do hope Marjorie is doing ok.

--
Lindsay Mathieson

Marjorie Greene

Oct 17, 2023, 2:46:41 PM10/17/23
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aleena! I'm not dead, though my world has tumbled so many times since we were last in contact that it feels like a whole life ago. I want to keep the site up in any way I can, so tell me what I need to do.

Ever grateful -
Marjorie

Nobilis Reed

Oct 17, 2023, 4:39:43 PM10/17/23
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
So glad to hear!  Take care Marjorie.

robert blau

Oct 18, 2023, 5:09:53 AM10/18/23
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
I don't have an answer to your question off the top of my head, but it's GREAT to hear from you.

Maybe accept advertising from other sites?

JyoNaythan

Oct 18, 2023, 7:54:09 AM10/18/23
to Gwyllion
So happy to see a message from you.  There's no 'like' heart, so I starred it, :P.

Aleena

Oct 22, 2023, 9:14:34 PM10/22/23
to Gwyllion

Hi Everyone,

Great news—backend updates for Marjorie's website are finished! The migration was a success; it was one of the more complex migrations that I've performed recently for the websites I maintain, simply due to the sheer volume of work Marjorie has created.

There was some Marjorie content that was difficult to access previously, so I moved it into the Stories section.

Best regards, Aleena

Andrew Tyler

Oct 23, 2023, 1:10:36 AM10/23/23
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all that good work Aleena...looks great....andy

sporgasbored

Oct 30, 2023, 11:22:28 PM10/30/23
to Gwyllion
So glad to hear that you are alive, Dr. Greene, though it sounds like you are having a time of it. I hope things get easier for you, whether or not you resume posting content. Second, very very glad to hear that the site has some assurance of continuity.

Gravanth Tharen

Nov 2, 2023, 2:29:08 AM11/2/23
to Gwyllion
++good!

I know so well that keeping old sites up and visible is a thankless job, so... thanks!

Any chance the RSS feed will come back? That's how I noticed something changed. :-)

Aleena

Nov 2, 2023, 11:32:45 PM11/2/23
to Gwyllion
The new site has atom+xml which most rss readers should be able to handle, but I added rss+xml just for you. :)

-Aleena

Gravanth Tharen

Nov 5, 2023, 4:16:50 PM11/5/23
to Gwyllion
Awesome! Working as intended, too. The links in the notifications work as well. Well done!

Guess it's back to staring intently and the icon, waiting for updates, then... :)

Shrike7

Nov 8, 2023, 8:40:21 PM11/8/23
to Gwyllion
This site came up in conversation, so i did my monthly check in. So glad to hear Marjorie is doing alright, does my heart good. Thank you Aleena for maintaining the site, and the rest of you for dropping in and keeping the community alive. I don't really post here often, but this place has been a warm spot in an otherwise troublesome life for me ever since I found it.

Hope everyone is having a great time, and that it only gets better!

Dom

Nov 10, 2023, 9:29:18 PM11/10/23
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
Aleena, thanks for maintaining the website! And Marjorie glad to hear you're ok even if life has been topsy-turvy!

ShortFinals

Dec 5, 2023, 9:12:01 PM12/5/23
to Gwyllion
So pleased you are still with us. You may not realize how inspirational, original and just plain brilliant your work is. You have touched many hearts and minds (mine included), I am certainly not alone in the relief of knowing you are still with us. Know that you have been missed :)