Proposal for Translating Google

瀏覽次數:9 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Bosonaa

未讀,
2006年1月9日 中午12:13:272006/1/9
收件者:Gumii- Dagaagina-Afaan-Oromoo
I know the Main search page translation is going pertty good in the
last few weeks and I have no dobt it will be complete in a few more
weeks if it contineous to progress at rate it is going now. However,
translating the rest of the google pages is standing still. That is why
I am proposing a google translation party here in Minnesota.

Minnesotans and others who can join us via the net, what do you think
of holding a google translation party this weekend or the following
weekend? We will bring as many laptops as possible to a place where we
can have a wireless internet service. What we need is creative and
fluent Oromos to complete this monumental task in one day and have Afan
Oromo google up and running. Give us your inputs.

This is also proposed on manabuna (oromoindex.com) by admin as well.

hope to hear back from you all soon

Damee

未讀,
2006年1月10日 晚上11:07:432006/1/10
收件者:Gumii- Dagaagina-Afaan-Oromoo
Bosonaa fi hunda,

Nagenyii Waaqa haa dursu.

Bosonaa thanks for the Proposal, I believe this is a creative way and
it is the first of since we started working on this page.
I wish I COULD make it to the party however please pick a day before
the kids go back to school so that everyone can take part.
I can contribute if you guys decided to bring some snacks etc.....I am
already back to Duluth...but let me know I will call everyone.

I also would like to propose a different approach.....that is we can
make online discussion on PALTALK. I think is more convenient and we
can even invite Oromo linguists.

LET US PICK A DATE.......please let me know if anyone of you guys have
a phone number to Dr.Abdulsamad, Tilahun Gamta, Ibsa Gutama, Hamid
Mudee etc.
We can open a room for this purpose of we can use the Qubee Generation
room....about FIVE or so admins can copy paste the words from
translation page to the room the discustants can translate and then the
admins can put that online.

I think it is an easy way to standardize Afaan Oromoo too because on
paltalk there is almost always a diverse audience.

Hope to hear from LIBAN and all of you guys. Sorry for the delayed
response I was away from home.

Keep up the good work!
Damee

Bosonaa

未讀,
2006年1月17日 上午9:34:242006/1/17
收件者:Gumii- Dagaagina-Afaan-Oromoo
Although only few people, I mean very few people, the main page of
google translation showed a good amount of progress. If we continue to
put a group effort at least once a week, trust me we will be done in
less than 2 months. For simplicity purpose some people have already
started to post some of the difficult words on www.oromoindex.com so
that we all could use same words when translating.

Galatoomaa!!

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄