Tips and tricks for Translating

Bosonaa

Oct 18, 2005, 9:24:15 AM10/18/05
to Gumii- Dagaagina-Afaan-Oromoo
Hi,
As I was working on translation last night I came across one
difficulty. I was unable to decided what "words" were used to translate
with respect to some technological terms. So, what I decided was to be
consistant with translation that was already done, I kept on going back
to check if that word was already translated in on of the other 12
tasks. If there is one and makes sense, then I too use the same word,
which is a good thing for consistency. Please everyone be adviced to do
so that we do not have different words corresponding to one meaning
based on the pages we visit once the translation is complete.

Bosonaa irraa
Galatoomaa

Abdi Saba

Oct 18, 2005, 4:55:52 PM10/18/05
to Gumii- Dagaagina-Afaan-Oromoo
Hello Everyone,

I am so happy ABOUT the progress over the weekend, I can see everyone
is acting up on their duties. Thanks to you all who HAD invested your
time, knowledge and money.

I strongly agree with what Bosona just SUGGESTED, it is such a valuable
concept that we have to bear with as we go along...it makes your effort
less tiresome and helps us in the future...it is standardizing I
beleive.

The other point, I want to make herewith is that, I had recieved a
completely edited version of "Group Beta" from Obboo Faajji...and I did
update the corrections he suggested on the main translation page. Thank
you Obbol Faajji for your hard work in such a desperate situation.

Moreover, two other Oromo Pioneers who had written books in Afaan Oromo
including Oromo Technical terms agreed to work tirelesly on the
editorial part of our project.
So with that said, I would like to note here that, we all shouldn't go
back to edit the already edited works...unless it is for final review.
Hojji kana ISANIFIS TAA'E nuu hundaaf salphisuuf kaa namooni Gulalan
irra deebbine osoo jijjiru baane garii jedha. Yoo namni dhugumatti fkn
"Group Betta" irratti dogongorattu jira jedhe yaadu jirate mee asi
irratti maxxansa sana booda bakka dogongorii qubees haa taa'u jecha
jiru sani haa mari'anne qajelchinu!

Gababummatti hojii gulalaa/gilgala kana jaraaf dhifne, garuma kaa hin
dhumatin hiikutti haa Imaltofnuu.

Kuni yaada kooti,
Turti garii,
Abdi saba aka Damee.

tokk...@nexgo.de

Oct 18, 2005, 6:28:58 PM10/18/05
to adem...@gmail.com, gumii-dagaagin...@googlegroups.com
Hayyee ilmaan Oromoo,

Namoonni waan qabatamaa dalagaa jirtan martuu galata guddaa qabdu. Akka keessan waan
qabatamaa hujiin muldhisaa jiraachuu dhabullee yaadaan isinuma waliin jira. Jabaadhaa, jajjabaadhaa.

T. Ganamoo Caamsaa

Oct 19, 2005, 8:42:51 AM10/19/05
to adem...@gmail.com, Gumii-Dagaagin...@googlegroups.com
Obboleewwan, nageenyi bakka jirtanitti isin waliin haata'u.
Obbo Abdii,
Ammamuu rakkoon jiraattu warreen hojii qabatamaa hojjachuuf karoorfatan yookiin hojjachaa jiran waliin wareegama karaa kamiituu fudhadhee amma humna koo hojjachuun fedha. Action-oriented groups yoo taane gama kamiinuu saba keenyaaf bu'aa nibuusna jedheen amana. Kanaaf ammallee naaf ergi nan hojjadhaati.
Faajjiidha.