Building a Just Waste System webinar, report and case studies

Gary Liss

Oct 4, 2023, 1:36:42 AM10/4/23
to GreenYes Listserve, Gary Liss, Gary Liss (Mindspring), Kelley Dennings

Folks interested in building a just waste system rooted in cooperation, democracy, sustainability, equity and pluralism should check out these new resources from the Center for Biological Diversity. *Sorry for cross-postings, Feel free to share with others

  1. Free film and webinar about co-ops, an alternative economy framework. A Silent Transformation — film viewing Oct. 5–Oct. 12; webinar Oct. 12. The modern economy increasingly denies people basic amenities for a decent life. This documentary shows how the co-operative model is as critical as ever. Registration is required to view the film and attend the webinar -  https://bit.ly/EH-RHfilms2023
  2. New report about alternative economy practices. This Center survey asked Americans about their perspectives on our current economy, their knowledge and acceptance of economic alternatives to capitalism, and the role corporations play in shaping a sustainable future. 60% of Americans support alternative economy practices like sharing, banking at credit unions, shopping at co-ops and giving to mutual aid networks, but face financial and logistical barriers to participation. Learn more here - https://bit.ly/AltEconReport
  3. Learn more about the start of this work at the Center. This Non-Profit Quarterly article titled “Stories of Organizational Transformation: Moving Toward System Change and a Solidarity Economy” includes three case studies, one about the Center.

Kelley Dennings (she/her), PMP, MPH, CPH and FPHW
Center for Biological Diversity, Campaigner
kden...@biologicaldiversity.org, 919-355-8102

Check out our gender and reproductive health research:
* Gender and the Climate Crisis: Equitable solutions for climate plans (https://bit.ly/Gender-Climate)
* The Influence of Environmental Toxicity, Inequity and Capitalism on reproductive health (https://bit.ly/EH-RH)

Please note that I am sending this email at a time that is convenient for me. Please read and respond at a time that is convenient for you.