The Countdown Begins: 30 Days to the Sustainability Education Forum

Daita Serghi

May 19, 2023, 9:07:44 PM5/19/23

Dear Colleagues,

Have you considered attending the Sustainability Education Forum on June 8 and 9? Let’s come together, share our expertise and explore challenges and opportunities for sustainability education. Join this event to exchange ideas, make new professional connections, gain inspiration and have the opportunity to recharge your own efforts.

Are higher education institutions simply reverting to how things were done pre-pandemic or can we use this opportunity to truly redesign systems? How do we “fall-forward” on issues related to sustainability teaching and learning in higher education? Using an Open Space Technology format participants will explore these and other questions (see what topics registered attendees would like to discuss at the event). Additionally, a few invited speakers will facilitate thought-provoking sessions:

  • Bryan Alexander will lead us in an exploration of how climate change will fundamentally reshape higher education.

  • Tatiana Height, a hood feminist and scholar-activist who focuses on environmental justice, environmental education, and community development.

  • Krista Hiser & Matt Lynch during an one-act improv play we’ll discuss pros and cons of accreditation for sustainability-degree programs in higher education.

The event includes 5 different discussion blocks scheduled at various times in order to accommodate a large international presence. Be part of these conversations at the Sustainability Education Forum!

Hope to see you there!

Warmly,

Daita

Daita Serghi, PhD
Senior Education Manager
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
www.aashe.orgdaita....@aashe.org | (888) 347-9997 ext. 124

https://www.aashe.org/calendar/sustainability-literacy-2023/