subsidies

Amy Perlmutter

May 27, 2024, 11:34:29 AMMay 27
to gree...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All

also see the important work of Doug Koplow, of Earth Track. He tracks and writes about environmental subsidies.

__________________________________
Amy Perlmutter
Perlmutter Associates

NEW ADDRESS!
113 Richdale Ave #35
Cambridge, MA 02140

On May 27, 2024, at 3:07 AM, gree...@googlegroups.com wrote:

"Lifset, Reid" <reid....@yale.edu>: May 26 02:00PM

Hi Neil,

As you probably know, most of the research on virgin subsidies focuses on fossil fuels. There are many fewer efforts to quantify subsidies for virgin materials. These might be helpful:

McCarthy, Andrew, and Peter Börkey. "Mapping Support for Primary and Secondary Metal Production." France: OCED, October 16, 2018. https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/environment/mapping-support-for-primary-and-secondary-metal-production_4eaa61d4-en.

OECD. Environmentally Harmful Subsidies: Challenges for Reform. Paris, France: OECD Publications, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264012059-en.

Pew Charitable Trusts. "Reforming the U.S. Hard Rock Law of 1872: The Price of Inaction." Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: The Pew Charitable Trusts, 2009. http://pew.org/1Q6ZWXj.

Sincerely,
Reid