RE: CA Recycling Commission's Recommendations to Address Recovery Challenges

gary...@mindspring.com

Jun 30, 2021, 7:46:41 PM6/30/21
to gree...@googlegroups.com, zwia-cert...@googlegrops.com, zw...@googlegroups.com, Sierra Club Zero Waste Partners, ZWpar...@googlegroups.com, nrcme...@googlegroups.com, Gary Liss (GLA), Gary Liss (Mindspring), Tedd Ward

Apologies for Cross-Postings.

Gary

Jun 30, 2021, 10:03:03 PM6/30/21
to ZWPar...@googlegroups.com, GreenYes Listserve, zwia-cert...@googlegrops.com, ZWIA, Sierra Club Zero Waste Partners, nrcme...@googlegroups.com, Gary Liss (GLA), Gary Liss (Mindspring), Tedd Ward
Tedd,

I hope you are well.

Thanks for forwarding this extensive report. I will start looking through it next week.

For my current work in NJ, I would be interested to know if the report addresses the dual v single stream issue? In NJ this is a big issue as the markets are telling towns to use dual stream and save 1/3 of the tip fee for processing. Recyclers and the state Commission Market Development are gathering the data and will do the economic analysis for towns that are thinking of converting.

As you may know the reports coming from industry focus almost exclusively on single stream analysis, leaving decision-makersinthe dark about alternative approaches.

Thanks for your help. Neil

Neil Seldman
Waste to Wealth Initiative
Institute for Local Self-Reliance