#thefutureISgarbage

1 view

Amy Perlmutter

Jun 8, 2022, 12:26:50 PMJun 8
to GreenYes, lizvago via Recycle-MA
I just learned about this twitter hashtag with lots of interesting examples of turning waste materials into useful chemical products.  I think this was a track at the American Chemical Society’s Green Chemistry and Engineering conference:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/theFutureISGarbage?src=hashtag_click

__________________________________
Amy Perlmutter
Perlmutter Associates
23 Avon Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
landline: 617-354-5456
Strategy, partnership building, communications, and
program design for a sustainable future
Twitter: @AmyPerlmutter

Nancy Poh

Jun 9, 2022, 4:21:00 AMJun 9
to Amy Perlmutter, GreenYes, lizvago via Recycle-MA
One of the by-products is fabric for making clothes. The fabrics are sold under the company, Orange Fiber, in Italy

Here is a talk about how it started: